Small tumbles and rule-breaking

When we gathered the following afternoon, Kushida was there, too

Ayanokouji POV

People seem to be a bit uncomfortable.

I wonder how long this social isolation will last? Well, even if it stops for a bit, the fact that she will be shown to threaten us by exposing everyone's secrets will make everything go back to this. 

"Hello, Ayanokouji-Kun," she said."O-oh, hey," I responded.

 Why was she there? Ike answered my unasked question.

"You see, I had a chat with Kikyou-chan yesterday. When I told her that we were going to buy a present for Katsuragi, she said she definitely wanted to help. She was like, 'Please let me help,' and all. Anyway, Katsuragi would probably be happier to have a girl celebrate with him, rather than a bunch of guys."

Ike blabbered on and on about what a good person Kushida was, but he probably just wanted an opportunity to get together with her. Also, in her eyes, this would probably make him look like a good guy—the type who cares about his friends.

Normally he would try to defend himself, but now he understands that he shouldn't make a big splash. If Sudo can avoid expulsion, he can piggyback himself onto that success.

"Katsuragi-Kun has done quite a bit for me, too. I'll help out with the present's cost, of course," added Kushida.

Ike looked at her lovingly. Yamauchi also seemed happier with her around. Kushida's charms affected him, too, even though he was aiming for sakura.

"What? Yamauchi liked Airi? Did you know?" Miyake asked her. 

"Well, yes. He also confessed to me, but I rejected him." She answers.

Keisei and Miyake look surprised. Haruka looks calm though. She probably knew about it.

"He actually had the balls to do it? That's something at least." Miyake says as if this is the first time he ever thought of Yamauchi in a respectful way.

Even if his confession was, let's say unique, his reaction to the rejection was mature enough. I wonder what is going on with him right now? No matter. 

Airi doesn't look like she wants to talk about the situation much. It is understandable, I wouldn't want to talk about Satou and her rejection. Sadly, I probably will be annoyed until I say something about it when it happens. It depends really, maybe because it is a matter of a broken heart, they will be more considerate.

"By the way, Ayanokouji-Kun, why are you wearing your uniform?" asked Kushida.

"Meh. No reason." 

I'd taken off my jacket because it was hot, but the uniform still made me stand out, unfortunately.

"No reason? Wasn't it because you had business at the student council at the time?" Katsuragi asks me. 

Well, that puts me in a pickle. I remember thinking about this in the past, so I can't lie. 

"I apologize Katsuragi, I honestly just wanted to know why you wanted to visit the student council." 

He looks unamused. 

"It is alright, you ended up helping me with the problem in the end." He answers. 

People are looking at us a bit confused.

Sometimes it feels like I am a court jester surrounded by the nobility. Do not fret, your curiosity will be sated and you will be entertained.