Welcome to Your New Home

I do not own the cover art, the characters from Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure, or the picture above. Anyway, this story will have choices for you to apply to your desired character idea. If the choices provided aren't ideal, just imagine another option that works for you. Now, let us begin!

It was around 3 in the afternoon in the nursery, meaning Marcella would be coming home from school anytime now. Raggedy Ann was delightfully talking to Susie Pincushion about how the leaves change colors from green to orange in Autumn.

Everyone was ready to get back into their original positions, but today, Marcella didn't come home. She arrived home somewhere near 4, an hour later, when everyone was busy in their own conversations and thoughts. That was until Grandpa shouted, "Freeze! Marcella's home!"

The toys scrambled in a mad dash through the playroom to return to their places, and right as Babette settled in her doll house, Marcella opened the door. She walked in with a white bag which caught the toys' eyes. Marcella walked to the small white desk area by the window, reached in the bag and pulled out another ragdoll. The new doll was in a (short/knee-length/floor-length) dress with (stripes/polka-dots/other design/no design) made in (Raggedy Ann's style/Victorian Doll style). This doll also had (hair color) (curly/straight/wavy) (short/shoulder-length/back-length) yarn hair.

Marcella held her up and spoke, "Everybody, this is (Y/N). Raggedy Ann, you take good care of her." Then, she set (Y/N) down on the white desk with the bag beside her and left the room, closing the door behind her. Once Raggedy Ann heard her footsteps go down the stairs, she got up from her wooden rocking-chair and came to the side of the desk. "Hello, (Y/N)! I'm Raggedy Ann!" You heard Ann call from the floor. You curiously peeked your head over the side of the desk, only to see all of the toys gathered around to greet you. You gazed at all of the toys' faces, examining their different features and body shapes, noticing everyone was smiling up at you.

Everyone except an orange-haired doll.

Deciding to ignore his scowl, you started slowly climbing down the front of the desk with some difficulty. Since you had been set up on display in a toy section of the mall, there was really no time of day you could move and stretch your joints. During the night, you'd sometimes try to explore, but most of the time you were worn out from being stuck in one position for the duration of the day with little kids always trying to touch you.

The toys noticed your struggle, so a tall, lanky clown doll named Topsy picked you up and gently set you down to floor-level.

Ann came over and held your hands affectionately, saying, "I'm so glad you could come stay here with us! You're going to love it here." "Yeah, you probably will," a second voice chimed in. You looked to the right, which was where the voice came from, and was met with a male doll who resembled Raggedy Ann. "Oh, this is my brother, Raggedy Andy." Raggedy Andy took his hat off to you. He seemed generally disinterested in your welcome and just you as a whole, but you decided to make an effort. You lifted your dress and did a small curtsy to him, a tiny smirk visible on your stitched lips.