Movie tickets- Nicky

To put it nicely, we were broke. Jake, Liam, James, Max, Hayden, Lila, Mia, and I had nothing to do seeing as our training we canceled due to rain and all our parents were home so that took out partying too.

"Did you guys hear?"

"Depends because if it's about yn breaking up with Nick last week and him punching her for it yes."

I may have broken up with him because every time i saw Nicky he would glare at Nick and I really liked Nicky. Nick was also an asshole.

"No, wait when?"

"Doesn't matter what did we miss Liam?"

"The Harpers can get anyone free movie tickets if you are friends with them."

"Well then guess who we are getting to join our group?"

"Max you can't seriously be that desperate for something to do that you would let them join."

"Jake is right you did just kick Dawn off the team last year."

"To add to Lilas's comment you also did it with no reason."

"Let's just go to get sporty. I'll get my parent's credit card and yn and I will pull off the perfect act."

"Hayden's right. if anyone can trick them it's yn and her."

"Oh, James we arent the only ones doing the work. Lila and Jake will talk with the nerdy one, Max you are going to talk to Dawn, and Liam you are friends with Dicky right?"

"Yup."

"Well let's do this."

I walk with Hayden and we talk about random things till we are five minutes away from get sporty. I felt rather nervous, what if my hair didn't look good? I want Nicky to like me.

"This feels really mean."

"It does but maybe we will actually become friends? Now I heard he likes cooking so we are going to storm in and complain about a cooking assignment and stuff."

"Smart."

We walk in with two umbrellas and leave them at the door. We see Nicky and smile walking over to the softball gear behind him. Lucky I actually play otherwise it would look weird.

"How was I supposed to know we were going to lose the bet, Hayden?"

"You weren't! This is why you never should have placed the bet in the first place. Do you even know how to cook?"

"Do I look like I know how to cook?"

"Maybe if you weren't so busy with sport you would learn and be a proper lady."

"Well, then why don't you cook!"

"I don't know how."

"Can I help you guys?"

"Unless you can make a four-layer cake that says 'Sparrow high' then no."

He's speaking to us!!

"Why would you need something like that?"

"Yn lost a bet..."

Hayden!! God embarrass me much.

"It's a first time for everything."

"We could go to the school kitchen and I could help you make it. They don't call me chef Nicky for nothing."

"Okay that would be great but are you sure your not busy?"

"Not busy at all."

"Yes you are- oh shit. Ricky Harper pleasure."

"Yn ln. Sup?"

"Let's go."

We start walking to school and it was awkward for a bit but finally, we were joking and messing around. Hayden used some lame excuse to leave us which reminds me I owe Hayden now.

"So when did you know cooking was your passion?"

"I guess I've always felt a pull towards it. How did you know that you liked softball and cheer?"

"They always helped me through the worst of times."

Nicky and I have been laughing nonstop and right now he was helping me mix together the mixture.

"Nicky, I need to tell you something."

"What's up?"

"Don't be mad."

I explain everything to him and remind him that I was against the idea.

"So none of this was real?"

"It was... to me."

"How do I know you are telling the truth? How do I know you really care about me?"

"In second grade I broke my arm playing softball and you signed the cast with a dog sticker and a love hear. In seventh grade, you had a huge glow up and everyone expected you to try out for football but you didn't. in eighth grade or should I say last year dawn poured some disgusting food all over you which people started using as a face cream."

"You remember?"

"Of course."

"Want to know what happens with me in ninth grade?"

"Sure."

"In ninth grade, I finally kiss the girl I like."

"Oh really?"

And with that, his lips are pressed onto mine. I quickly kiss back and sit on the bench that didn't have anything on it. BEST. DAY. EVER.

"Called it."

I jump off the bench quickly and see Hayden smiling at us.

"You are so annoying."

"Are you guys dating?"

"If yn agrees."

"let me think about it. hmmm yes."