𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

|IN WHICH THEY PLAY BALL|

THE ALL-TIME AMERICAN SPORT

"ANNIE, WAKE UP."

Waking up to Alice's body draped across her own's was a nice way to wake up.

Their backs pressed up against each other as Andromeda let out a soft yawn. She was nowhere near perfect as she recovered from her sleep. Her purple was wild and practically matted, falling into her face and she had temporary bags under her eyes and yet Alice thought she looked beautiful.

"May I ask what brings you to my home so early in the morning," she hummed as she turned around so Alice's back laid on her stomach. "Or how you got into said home?"

Alice let out a contemplative hum. "Well I didn't want to pull an Edward and invade your home space when I came across it one night, but this morning was absolutely urgent and you needed to be woken."

Andromeda gazed down at Alice, one hand being held by the girl and the other combing through her short hair. "You say it's urgent, but you seem more relaxed than me." 

    Alice smiled and looked up at her. "You're a very comfortable person." 

    "Well then I guess the oh-so-important matters can wait, I suppose." 

     Alice groaned and sat up, turning around then grabbing Andromeda's hands. Pulling her up from the bed she dragged her across her room and pushes her into her bathroom. 

    "Take a shower, I'll find you something to wear." 

     She closed the door behind her and smiled as she heard Alice excitedly make her way to her closet, ready to look through all of her clothes. 

.·:*¨❦¨*:·.

     ANDROMEDA LAUGHED AS Emmett fooled around with the baseball bat as they waited for the game to begin, Bella and Edward now walking onto the field with the rest of the family. 

    "Good thing you're here, we need an umpire." Esme smiles brightly as Bella stepped onto the field with them. 

     "She thinks we cheat," Emmett snarks with a playful grin. 

 "I can only wonder why," Andromeda shouted from her place in the field with Alice, a bright smile playing on her face. 

    Esme let a charming smile flash to Bella. "Call 'em as you see 'em." 

 Bella nodded her head and watched as everyone else took their places on the field. 

    "It's time." Alice grinned as her statement was proved true by the thunder crashing to the Earth not a moment later. 

    Edward, Emmett, and Andromeda stood in the outfield together, all spread out. "Are you sure you want to play," Emmett asked, amusement dancing across his face. "We play a little rough out here." 

     Andromeda didn't have to look at him to flash a smile. "You underestimate me, Emmett." 

Rosalie was first up to the base. She messed with the bat in her hand a bit, letting it fall comfortably in her grasp. Esme swung back and threw the ball, chasing wind at an incredible speed. Rosalie moved quickly and before Bella could see it the aluminum bat had hit the ball and Rosalie and the ball was gone. 

      "Now I see why you need the thunder." Her eyes were wide, shocked at the alignment of the thunder-like sound and lightning. 

      As Edward runs after the ball Bella starts to doubt him; Rosalie was coming in too fast. There's no way he could make it. 

    As Rosalie darted around the bases Edward came running out from the forest with the ball in hand before throwing it to homebase. Esme manages to catch it just mere milliseconds before Rosalie touches base, making her out. 

    Now Carlisle stood to base, swinging his bat and whacking the ball with it. As he begins to run Edward, Emmett, and Andromeda begin to make their way towards the ball. Fifteen feet in the air the boys collided, losing sight of the smaller girl. 

    When they stood back up they found they didn't have the ball. Carlisle was now approaching home, but speeding right past him at an impeccable speed was a blur of purple. Right before he could touch home base Andromeda tapped him out with the ball. 

      They all paused and looked at the girl as she grinned. "You're out." 

 Carlisle gracefully took his defeat as he stood next to Rosalie while Andromeda returned the ball to Esme. When she stood back in her place the two boys stared at her with dropped jaws. 

    "How?!" Emmett exclaimed. 

  She smiled at him. "I told you not to underestimate me." 

.·:*¨❦¨*:·.

IT WAS AMAZING at how quickly something as simple as baseball could escalate. 

    In the Cullen home, Carlisle spoke to Laurent while Alice was sucked into a vision, Andromeda grasping onto her hand while a worrisome expression took over her face.  

     She looked away from Alice and to Carlise and Laurent as they conversed. 

"He's dangerous and he's relentless. If you care about the human girl then keep her out of his grasp." The man turned, letting his eyes turn to Andromeda, locking eyes for a moment before she turned away quickly as Alice let out a shuddered breath. 

    Broken out of her trance Alice rubbed her eyes, a habit that she carried from her human life. "Bella and Edward are headed here now." 

    "Hey love, look at me." Andromeda held Alice's hands as she looked up at her. "Everything will be fine, I promise you." 

    She brought her hand to her lips and pressed a soft kiss to the top of Alice's palm. 

   A soft, but exasperated smile spread on Alice's face. She moved closer but stopped when the sound of Edward's car pulling into the driveway. 

     Edward halted when he made his way to the door that was opened up by Laurent. 

"It's fine," Carlisle assured him. "He came to warn us. About James." 

    Right before he left he turned to Carlisle. "I'm tired of his games. He has unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. Never seen anything like it in centuries. And the woman, Victoria, will back him; do not underestimate her." 

     Carlisle nodded, giving the man his cue to leave the family, crumbling slowly under the severity of the situation with Bella's life at stake. 

━━𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦!

➥oop-

➥shits ab to go down lol