𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
୨⎯ 𝖘𝖍𝖊⎯୧
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN━━━
fool (cavetown)

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 show up in the parking lot at school that day

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 show up in the parking lot at school that day. The whole night a sick feeling had filled her stomach, but when she saw the family missing, it turned into dread at the pit of her stomach.

   She didn't seem all there in class. All she seemed to do was absentmindedly rub her thumb over the small healed slit in her finger. She would give anything to turn back time in that moment.

   At lunch, her friends attempted to include her in the conversation, but she only answered with closed-ended responses—yeses and nos. The only person who had managed to break through her state of pure anxiety and dread was Andromeda, but just for a few short seconds.

    She placed her hand on top of the one that had been inflicted by the paper cut and gave her a small, but sad smile in an attempt of reassurance.

By the time she had arrived home her fingernails were all chewed off. Anxiety plucked at her heart when she stepped out of her car to see Edward standing there in a fine suit.

"Edward where have you be—,"

"Will you come to walk with me?"

She nodded hesitantly. She felt as if she might puke from the anticipation and the lack of answers. He held his hand out for her, an action that Bella usually saw as one of affection from the boy, but his face was a cold, unreadable mask.

She slipped her hand into his and followed him to the woods.

Once a good way through he stopped. "We need to leave Forks."

"What, why?"

Edward closed his eyes and shook his head. "It's time. Carlisle looks ten years younger than he's supposed to be, people will start to notice."

Bella shook her head and frowned. "People can look good for their age Edward. Why are you lying to me?"

"There's no easy way to say this Bella, my family and I are leaving today, you are staying here."

Dread, shock, and disbelief ran through her body like a splash of cold water. "W-what?"

He turned to her with a scornful look. "I've let this carry on for too long."

A disbelieving smile reached her lips for a quarter of a second as a depressing laugh left her lungs. "I-I don't understand."

She understood, but she didn't want it to be true. She internally prayed it was all a bad dream.

Edward shook his head. "You never meant anything to me. You were just a distraction."

A tear escaped her eye. Then another and another. Cheeks wet and heart aching, she let the next question escape her lips. "You never loved me? It was all a lie?"