Warnings

Chapter Thirty-Three "Warnings"

Lyric woke up with a gasp. She was lying on a bed of leaves and pine needles beside a hollow log, Kieran at her side. He sat up and gave her a concerned look.

"You ok?" he asked, his voice still husky from sleep.

"I know you're just waking up, but do you happen to know where we are?" a soft voice asked from beyond the log. Tessa sat up and looked at her, one arm covering her breasts. Lyric let out a soft yelp and pressed herself tighter to the log, trying to cover her naked body.

"Holy hell, what a run," Jett yawned, sitting up beside his new mate. "Oh, geez!" he yelped, covering his body. "What the fuck? How did we end up here together?"

"We must have bumped into each other during our run," Kieran said, standing up. Lyric squeaked and asked him to cover himself. "Lyric, we're all gonna be naked after a run," he laughed.

Don't have to like it, her wolf growled inside her head. We can always change to avoid being naked.

Jett stood up next and Lyric clapped her hands over her eyes. "BOYS!" she yelled.

"What?" Jett whined. "Kieran and I have lived like this our whole lives. It's second nature to see each other naked after a moon."

"Shut up," she groaned. "Kieran, where are we and where are the nearest clothes?"

"I think we are dead between the house and the cabin," he said. "Who wants to go there?"

"I'd rather go home," Tessa said. "How far of a walk is it?"

"Couple miles," Jett said. Lyric could hear movement but refused to uncover her eyes.

"Then we will take the cabin," Kieran was saying.

Lyric had stopped listening. She had that familiar all over itch feeling when she wanted to change. Without thinking of anything aside from no longer being naked in front of people who had no right to see her in such a condition, Lyric shifted. She looked to the shocked Kieran and then chanced a glance at Tessa and Jett.

Tessa was still doing her best to cover her body and Jett was just standing there, mouth agape. Lyric pinned her ears back and snarled at him. Telling him to just look elsewhere. The Beta immediately snapped his head away. She strolled over to Kieran, giving him his own snarl when he tried to pet her like a common dog, and then started in the direction of the cabin. Kieran jogged to keep up with her and before long, he was panting, after casting a look back, Lyric shifted again.

"What was that about?" Kieran asked breathlessly, hands on his knees. "You shifted like it was no big deal?"

"I was sick of being naked," she said, feeling herself blush. "In front of Jett and Tessa anyway," she added, her blush deepening.

"Do you remember last night?" Kieran asked.

"I . . ." she paused, thinking. "Yes!" she almost shouted the word. She leapt for joy and threw herself at Kieran, who caught her easily. That's when the shivering started. Her shifts had always been a little harder on her than normal. Leaving her weak and miserable for at least a day. Kieran seemed to remember and scooped her up.

"Almost there," he panted, stepping up his pace. "You can get a hot bath and I can put on some clothes before making you the biggest breakfast ever." She nodded into his neck.