Canadian Cabin

Chapter Thirty-Four "Canadian Cabin"

Kieran brought his mother, father, and Jett out to see the carnage and showed them the note. He couldn't believe that he had started a war with Stone simply for defending his mate. When was the last time war had been declared like this? Surely it had been at least seventy-five years and it had been between two start up Packs. One Alpha had insulted another's mate and all hell had broken loose, leaving both Packs without an Alpha. A mate always seemed to be involved when it came to war.

"What the hell does he think he's doing?" Jett grumbled, covering his nose. "Killing wolves and leaving them on our property and declaring war? Is he serious?"

"I'd say so," Maddox said, looking at the dead wolves. "But why wolfsbane? Is he coming for Lyric too?"

"He blames her for getting kicked out of the Gallagher Pack," Mirabelle said in a soft voice. "Honey, we need to get these bodies taken care of before they attract more trouble."

Kieran gladly let his father take over leadership and drove them back to the house. Lyric had holed herself up in their room and he went to her. His cell phone buzzing about halfway there.

"Hello?" he said, answering even though the number came up as unknown.

"I take it you've gotten my gifts?" a smooth voice purred over the receiver. "And my warning."

"Stone," he snarled. "What in the fuck do you think you're doing? Starting a war over what? Being banished from a Pack?"

"I deserve to lead a Pack!" Stone shouted. "You and that bitch female of yours got in my way. So now I'm going to get in yours. Let's just see how Alpha you really are, Alpha-son. Take part in this war."

"I'm going to kill you," he promised. "And whatever meaningless Pack that joins you." He had made it to the bedroom and Lyric looked at him curiously for his threat. "Do you hear me, Stone? And you can leave Lyric out of this. In fact, fuck off with all of this. All of this is over a so called prank that ended badly on your part. Get over yourself, you sad motherfucker."

"See you in hell, Alpha-son," Stone purred and the line went dead.

"Stone called you?" Lyric asked. "What next? He shows up on our front step?"

"Don't worry about him," he soothed when he smelled her raw fear. "He's just trying to scare us."

"Well, it's working," she murmured. "He killed all those poor wolves and stuffed wolfsbane in their mouths as a direct threat to me."

Kieran was about to open his mouth to reply when his cell phone rang again. "Stone, you had better fucking--," he answered.

"Did Stone call you?" his father demanded.

"Yes."

"I want you and Lyric in my study in five minutes," Maddox said and hung up.

About three minutes later, he and his mate were in his father's study, and were both sitting down across from his parents. Both had sad looks on their faces.

"We have discussed it and think it would be best for you and Lyric to take your honeymoon at the cabin in Canada," Maddox said.

"I'm not about to run away with my tail between my legs," he growled. "Stone isn't about to intimidate me now."