7

Everyone stared at her as she walked down the hallway. This time for a different reason. She was now known as the girl who tried to sit with Park Sunghoon during lunch yesterday.

Some people were saying she just didn't know who he was and others said she was trying to flirt with him. Angelica found out about these rumors thanks to Yu Ahn who had somehow figured out her Instagram.

She was slowly starting to get used to the stares that had made her uncomfortable the day before.

Angelica placed her things in the locker that she finally learned how to open and rolled her shoulders slightly grimacing in pain. She didn't know she needed that many binders.

Suddenly her locker slammed shut, making her jump.

"Hey." Yu Ahn said with a smirk.

Jake stood behind her with a friendly smile and Angelica sighed, placing a hand on her chest.

"You scared me."

"I know."

Yu Ahn let out a giggle as she laced her arms with Angelica and started walking. Jake caught up to them, walking on Angelica's right side. She turned to look at both people who were suddenly at her sides and pulling her to the classroom.

And to think I met these people yesterday. How are they so friendly?

"So how was the rest of your day yesterday?" Jake asked as they turned to walk inside the classroom, Yu Ahn releasing Angelica's arm and walking to her seat to greet Trenton.

After lunch, she didn't have any classes with any of them which was a little scary but at the same time relieving.

"Well, it was good."

Angelica continued to walk to her seat with Jake behind her and saw Sunghoon already sitting in the seat behind hers. He stared at her as she, just like he had done the day before, paused for a second when she met eyes with him and sat in her seat.

He still makes me nervous.

She took a subtle deep breath and looked up at Jake who had sat down on her desk.

"That's great. Have you explored the town? It may look boring but there are a few things to do here."

Angelica thought for a while.

She hadn't really seen much of the town. She had only been to the school, the grocery store, and the convenience store her mother works at.

That doesn't really count as exploring the town.

"Well I finally payed attention to some of the city yesterday afternoon. It was really pretty."

She smiled softly as she remembered riding on the back of Sunghoon's bike. She thought this town would just be a suburban area from her mother's descriptions but there were a lot of tall buildings and stores in the city.

Jake smiled nervously and turned his eyes towards the rest of the classroom.

"Well... you should see it at night. It's a whole different vibe. "

He hesitated for a second and turned towards Angelica again.

"Maybe we could-"

"Hello students." Mrs. Sylvia spoke as she put down her bag on the table.

Jake awkwardly smiled and walked back towards his seat.

Angelica smiled a little and looked towards the board.

+++++++

Angelica looked around, almost forgetting the spot where the table of her new friends was.

She soon spotted Yu Ahn waving her over. She started her way towards the table but as her hands were holding her lunch, she couldn't reach down to adjust her phone that was in the pocket of her hoodie.

She panicked when she felt it slip out and she hurriedly looked down, only to see a hand holding her phone.

She brought her gaze up until she finally met eyes with him. Angelica followed his every move as he placed her phone back in the pocket of her hoodie.

"Thank you." She said softly as she nervously gulped. Sunghoon's face was as nonchalant as always as he walked away with his book in hand.

Angelica stared after his tall frame as he walked away, and furrowed her eyebrows.

Why does he act colder at school? He asked me if I needed a ride yesterday but now he doesn't even utter a word to me?

Angelica tilted her head to the side like a confused puppy as she walked to the table where her new found friends stared at her in shock. She sat down next to Jake and placed her lunch on the table.

"Did Sunghoon just help you?" Yu Ahn asked, her eyes were bewildered.

"I guess-"

"Maybe he was just feeling nice today." Jake said with a small smile and everyone around the table seemed to hesitate to agree.

"He's never been 'nice'." Trenton scoffed, taking a bite of his lunch.

What is he? A monster? Why is there no possibility of him being nice to someone?

Angelica's gaze wondered around the table with curiosity. Everyone was looking down at their phones or studying or focused on eating. It was like this yesterday too.

They all seemed to act weird whenever Sunghoon was mentioned. They would all quiet down and look away or just shake their heads at even the first syllable of his name.

"Anyways, did you see what happened to Simon? I think his mom had a car accident or something." Some random girl that she still didn't know suddenly changed the topic and everyone placed their eyes on her.

Why do they all act like reprogrammed robots whenever Sunghoon is mentioned?

Angelica stood up from her seat, leaving her lunch on the table. As she was about to walk away, she felt a hand grab onto her wrist.

"Where are you going?"

Yu Ahn asked making the rest of the people sitting on the table look at her, almost all at the same time.

That is so creepy.

"To the bathroom." She replied almost in question making Yu Ahn smile and let go of her wrist.

"Oh. Okay."

Angelica turned around with her eyebrows furrowed, quickly walking out of the cafeteria.

She thought about the school and the way everyone acted like they were in some type of k-drama. They all seemed to be focused on other people's lives and instantly looked away when there was nothing else to their gossipy interests.

She didn't know why she felt so weird sitting there. It was like her lungs felt tight. Everyone was acting so weird and the only normal one seemed to be Jake. They were always on their phones and looking down at their textbooks as if there wasn't a bunch of people they claimed to be friends with, people they claim to hang out with every week.

Why did I move here?