38

Angelica sat staring at the floor for the last half an hour.

She had lost all feeling on her arms and the cut on her shoulder was beginning to sting even more.

But she had given up.

She realized that she couldn't do anything to get out of the ropes she was tied with.

The only thing she was doing was wasting her energy.

All she had was the hope that Sunghoon was still alive.

"What type of Romeo and Juliet, royalty, mafia cross over is this?" She couldn't help but laugh as she realized how weird and how fast this situation was.

She felt like she was in a nightmare.

One that she couldn't wake up from.

The door made a loud sound as it was unlocking and Angelica closed her eyes, her tears coming back and falling down her cheeks.

This is when I leave? I'm going to be sold and used for the rest of my life?

They opened the door and she could hear their steps come closer to her.

"Are you okay?"

Angelica quickly opened her eyes, seeing puffy eyed Sunghoon in front of her.

She felt the relief wash over her as she saw him alive and breathing, making her almost sob.

But it quickly washed once he noticed how hurriedly he was acting.

"Did you sneak in here?" She whispered in worry as Sunghoon hurriedly untied the ropes around her feet.

He only nodded as he quickly moved to her hands.

"What the fuck Sunghoon? You're gonna get yourself killed." She whispered as he helped her stand up.

Her legs were weak as she was sitting on that uncomfortable chair for a few hours.

"I've got it." She said as she managed to walk well.

They started speed walking to the door but they were stopped by Tyler.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?"

"I'm getting her out of here." Sunghoon responds as he tried moving around him.

"Woah! What makes you think you can do that?" Tyler laughed as he roughly grabbed Sunghoon by the arm.

Sunghoon shakes him off and grabs Tyler's collar, pushing him against the wall.

"Fucking move or I'll get your ass killed." He warned him, staring right at his eyes.

Angelica was seeing many new sides of Sunghoon that day.

But he was still warm and gentle.

Compared to the tight grip that he had on Tyler's collar, his grip on her hand was as delicate as ever.

Tyler managed to get Sunghoon's hand off his collar and went to grab Angelica instead but before he could get there, Sunghoon swung a punch, landing him on the floor.

Sunghoon let go of Angelica's hand to quickly grab the gun that was sticking out of Tyler's front pocket.

Tyler's eyes went wide as he noticed his only protection was in Sunghoon's hand and it was pointed straight at him.

Angelica panicked as she saw the gun, her heart was beating harder than before.

She had never seen one in real life.