43

"Why are you even nervous? Isn't she your girlfriend?" Ms. Yuh teased as they sat in the car outside of Angelica's house.

Sunghoon blushed as he looked at the dashboard.

"But isn't it weird? For me to be here? Her parents are probably home." Sunghoon questioned for the third time that day.

"How is it weird? You're visiting her after she just got back from the hospital. She did the same thing with you." Ms. Yuh laughed as took off her seatbelt, opening the car door. "Are you coming out or what?"

Sunghoon sat there for a while as he looked at the house that he had only been to once, but not even officially.

He took a deep breath as he got out of the car, adjusting his sweater.

"You really should've worn some color." Ms. Yuh said as she shook her head, walking up the driveway.

"What do you mean? My collar is white." Sunghoon said as he furrowed his eyebrows, turning around to look at his reflection in the car window, fixing his hair that was once again in his eyes.

"I need a haircut." He mumbled to himself as he turned around only to bump into someone.

The lady dropped the trash bags in her hands out of surprise and Sunghoon quickly started helping her pick them up.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." The lady mumbled as she picked up the bag that thankfully didn't open.

"It's okay I wasn't either." Sunghoon said as he noticed that the bag was heavy. "I can help you bring it to the trash." He suggested as she saw the lady struggling with the other bag.

She only shook her head and nicely dismissed him.

"Saeri?"

They both turned their heads as they saw Ms. Yuh, who stared at the lady in shock.

Saeri?

++++

"Your mother's name is Saeri."

++++

Ms. Yuh's voice echoed in his head as he remembered the day that Ms. Yuh gave him the picture of his mother.

"Jisoo." The lady said as she also seemed to be in shock.

"Where have you been?" Ms. Yuh almost whispered as she walked closer to the lady, pulling her into a hug.

They tightly embraced each other as Sunghoon stood on the side, still trying to process what was going on.

"Saeri?" He questioned out loud as he looked at Ms. Yuh for an answer.

Ms. Yuh noticed the look on his face and pulled away from Saeri, walking up to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon only turned his head to look at the lady who was looking at the ground.

It's her..

Ms. Yuh saw the realization dawn upon his face as she grabbed onto his arm.

They soon heard the door of the house open and Angelica stood at the door.

"I saw you guys and I decided to wait for you to come and knock but since I noticed you weren't coming I got worried so here I am." She ranted as she closed the door behind her.

She couldn't seem to read the room and almost skipped to where they were standing.

"I see you've met my next door neighbor. She's the one who helped me sneak you in that one time. And she plays cards with me when Jake's not around." She giggled as she placed an arm around Saeri's.