10

Sunghoon stood next to her. She almost jumped from surprise.

How is he everywhere?

"Hey." She said nervously and he nodded his head as a greeting.

"Why are you out here?"

She shuddered and she couldn't decipher whether it was because of his voice or the cold weather. It was a fifty-fifty situation.

"It got a little stuffy in there that's all."

Sunghoon nodded and stared forward with a small pout on his lips.

"Why are you out here?" She asked this time and Sunghoon didn't know how to respond.

He couldn't say he was having dinner with his father and Tyler who were talking about gang shit or that Tyler had spoken in a bad way to Ms. Yuh and his father did nothing about it so the only thing that Sunghoon could do was stand from the table, get on his bike and speed into the city to get rid of his anger.

"Just relaxing I guess." Sunghoon says as he looked at the empty street.

"Why isn't there people around? It's barely 8pm." She asked herself as she looked down the street.

The only thing you could see was the lights in the apartments and the few restaurants and cafe's that were still open.

"No one leaves their house on their own at night. And most people have cars so that they don't have to take the bus or walk." he answered and Angelica nodded in thought.

"Then why do you go out on your own at night?"

Everyone is scared of me so no one will hurt me.

Sunghoon looked at Angelica as he thought about his answer. He couldn't think of anything and shrugged making her look at him.

"I'm guessing guys can't beat you up drunk or sober." She said with an amused smile and Sunghoon surprisingly chuckled.

"I guess you could say that."

She smiled as she turned back to face the street. She couldn't keep his gaze for a long time. Even though she couldn't blush because of her caramel skin, she felt the heat rise up to the top of her ears.

His smile is pretty.

She suddenly felt something drape over her shoulders and she realized it was a black bomber jacket. The one Sunghoon was wearing.

She turned to look at him but he was already walking away.

"I'll see you at school!" She loudly said making sure he heard but he only got on his bike and zoomed off without a warning.

He's so odd.

Angelica sighed as she took in what had just happened. He gave her his jacket. She still couldn't process that. And it smells so good.

What kind of cologne does he use? But wait. He's gonna be freezing.

She thought with a pout as she made her way back inside the cafe, already taking out her phone and texting her mother to come pick her up. She walked inside and sat down next to Jake again.

"Where did you run off to?" He joked as he pretended not to notice the jacket she was wearing and the faint scent of men's cologne.

***
Where did she go? Did she get sick? She was eating an awful lot of cake.

Jake wondered as he stood from his seat with an excuse of going to the bathroom. He looked around, assuming she was probably in the ladies' room and decided to wait for her a little farther away from the bathrooms where he can get a clear view when she comes out.

He was worried because she looked a little sick while she was sitting at the table and he had asked her to what she said she was fine.

As he waited he looked around swaying on the balls of his feet. Soon his eyes caught sight of her outside. He smiled and made his way there, only to see another familiar figure standing next to her. His smile slowly dropped as she was looking at Sunghoon with an adoring smile.

She looked happy.

So he decided to get back to his seat.

"Jake where did new girl go?" Trenton asked with his mouth full of food.

He decided to be a good friend and not tell anyone her business. If he told everyone she was outside with Sunghoon there would be an outburst.

"She went to the bathroom." He lied as he picked at his food and everyone went back to their old conversations.

***

"I just went to get some fresh air. I'm starting to get a little tired."

Jake hummed in response and he smiled.

"Do you need a ride home?"

"No I'm good. My mom is already on her way." She declines politely as she wore the jacket the properly and zipping it up to keep herself warm. She suddenly laughed and turned to look at Jake.

"You should've told me this town was so cold Jake, you're doing a horrible job as my personal tour guide." She joked as she looked at her phone that had buzzed with a text of her mother saying she was outside and to hurry up.

"Well you're not paying me so you're only going to get a part of the service." He followed along as he raised his eyebrows.

"So what do you want me to pay you with? I can give you free discounts at the convenience store." She laughed as she stood from her seat grabbing her purse.

"A date would be nice." He suddenly said and she stared at him in shock.

She stopped herself from letting her eyes widen and looked away from him in silent desperation.

What do I say? Oh My God I've never had this type of conversation before.

"I-"

"Angelica Maria Rosa, you better hurry your ass up, so we can go home." Her mother embarrassingly came up to her seat and she closed her eyes in frustration at her mother's timing.

Why is she like this?

"You should go, it is getting pretty late." Jake said politely smiling at Ms. Rosa who smiled back at the boy.

Her mother grabbed onto her arm and started walking away and the only thing she could muster is a wave towards Jake who waved back with a small smile.

+++

Did he just ask me out? Jake? I just met him, I can't go out with him! Well... He isn't that bad and he's cute. But-

"What are you thinking about?" Her mother interrupted as they drove home.

Angelica got startled and looked towards her mother.

"Nothing."

"Well you are clearly thinking of something because I've been saying 'Angelica who's jacket is that? I don't remember you leaving the house with a jacket!' for the last five minutes."

Angelica was starting to get a little annoyed and her inner immature teenager was thinking 'Why is she all up in my business?'. But her rational self was thinking 'She's just curious.' So how was she supposed to answer this question? 'Yes mother, it's Sunghoon's jacket. Yeah remember him? The one you told me to stay away from. He's so hot teehee.'

"I bought it at the store next door."

"That's a women's store and what you are wearing is a men's jacket."

Angelica looked out the window and gulped nervously. Suddenly she felt on the spotlight.

She had never lied to her mother. There was never a necessity to lie. She had lied to her mother too much in the last three days and it made her realize that she's not good at lying sometimes.

Now what?

"Whatever it's all your business. If you don't want to tell me then don't. It's alright."

Angelica almost sighed in relief as the car went quiet with just a faint sound of the music on the radio.