Chapter 32

**A slight mention of domestic violence and suicide.**

I went upstairs to check out what I had inside the house. If I was going to move back in with my husband, I needed to do something about this place. It has been sitting empty for too long now and anything could happen to it in my absence.

I suddenly heard a commotion and limped towards the stairs. I still had a bit of pain in my ankle but most of it was gone now. It was only a tiny limp in my gait.

I tumbled downstairs just to see Mehak practically yelling at my husband, who stood clueless.

"Where is she? How did you even get in?" She was yelling.

Farhan usually wasn't the speechless type of person but since Mehak was pregnant and all, he had simply no idea what to do. He couldn't argue a pregnant lady now, could he?

"Mehak!" I called.

She turned to me. "Ayesha! Darling, you should've told me or Saifi about this man. We would've helped you. My dad is a cop."

"Calm down," I laughed, standing beside Farhan and slipping my arm through his. "He really is my husband."

Her eyes fell over our arms and she blinked. "But- I thought- weren't you-?"

"We worked it out," I told her with a smile.

Farhan quickly excused himself and walked inside the bedroom. I laughed and turned to Mehak, whose face was glowing with happiness.

"I am so happy for you!" She exclaimed, pulling me in a tiny hug.

It was a reaction I hadn't expected. I knew for a fact that she wanted me to be with Saifi and would get mad that I got back with my husband and practically leeched off them. But she wasn't mad at all.

"I wanted to make you my bhabi but I'm so glad you worked things out with your husband too," she smiled. "I hate it when people divorce. It makes me sad. It's so painful too. I'm so happy for you darling."

Her words brought a smile to my face. "Thankyou. I would never have been able to bear through this week without you and Saifi. You both are angels."

"Nobody should be afraid of helping another in need. We did something that is our duty. No need to praise us." She said with a wave of her hand.

I made her stay with me for the entire day. Farhan joined us at some point and formally introduced himself. Mehak was somewhat unapologetic that she yelled at him but she did get the point across that she liked him.

I found the whole situation comical because my husband was usually all up in arms to fight people. But he became such a tiny kid when it came to pregnant women.

She left around nine and my husband went to close the door. I just loved calling him "my husband". It made me feel all giddy. Once he came back, he plopped down on the couch beside me.

"Your friends keep yelling at me," he mumbled.

I frowned. "Friends?"

He nodded. "I got a really good scolding from your friend who lives here. What was her name again? Ammara?"

"Asmara," I corrected him, suddenly very interested. "So, what did she say to you?"

"Uh, she yelled at me and coincidentally, she was expecting too," he rubbed the back of his neck.

I laughed. "Don't worry. When I get pregnant, I'll yell at you too."

He raised a brow at that and I suddenly blushed, realizing the weight of my words.