Chapter 11

Didnt have time to proof-read. Please forgive any typos. :)

Ayesha's PoV

Ayan knew everything. How did he know everything? I mean, he wasn't even here at the time Farhan unveiled his immense hatred for me.

I shrunk back a little, knowing that if he disclosed any such situation in front of Aunty, it would be a problem for the both of us.

Pulling a rueful smile over my face, I turned to face him, "It's okay. This relationship was never his consent nor mine. I guess we'll have to wait and see where being together leads us."

He gaped at me in disbelief. "But this about marriage! A life-time decision. A life-changing decision. How can you-"

"No Ayan," I cut him off. "I told you. It doesn't matter. I climbed down into this ditch and I'll be the one to face the consequences. Please, just keep it a secret from your mother. She doesn't have much time left anyway. I don't want her to go from this world with the sorrows of my failed marriage life or her wrong decision." I pleaded.

He sighed, rubbing his forehead. "Okay. I won't utter a word." He mumbled.

The rueful smile found its way back to my face with that.

Marrying him would be a mistake, I knew it.

Right now, I'm lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. My favourite pass time everynight, before I go to  sleep.

Farhan came later in the night. He must've been out, wandering about with that 'girlfriend' of his.

I turned over and closed my eyes, breathing in a deep breath and slowly drifting off to sleep.

***

I gathered my dress with my hands and descended the stairs. I really needed to hurry up. Because I could almost feel Farhan growling impatiently outside of the house.

I pushed open the door and as if on cue, my bangle got tangled up with my dupatta(scarf) which was so graciously draped over my left shoulder. I sighed and let the door swing shut behind me and arched my arm to avoid getting it torn getting torn.

I walked forward, without looking, and carefully picked it out from my bangle. Of course, because this is me, a strong wind began blowing causing my hair to fall halfway over my eyes. Growing deeply agitated, I gently yanked my bangle away and pushed my brown locks behind my ear.

I looked up to see Farhan staring at me.

I neared him and looked into his eyes. Gosh they were so beautiful, even though they were just your common brown colour.

His eyes held intensity. A lot of intensity.

I wondered why I was even looking into them. They held no feelings for me. None at all.

Then why was I attracted to them?

We continued staring at each other for a few more seconds before he snapped his head the other way.

"Let's go. We're getting late because of you." He grunted and headed towards the driver's seat.

Frustrated, I stomped my foot on the ground and got into the car. I swear I saw a ghost of a smile on his face as I slammed the car door shut.

We picked up Aunty and headed towards the banquet hall. We were all sitting silently, when suddenly Aunty spoke up.

"Humeyra will be attending tonight's function. With her husband. She got her visa!"