32❦

32

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

So far Isaiah has brought Mary everywhere with him. So to say this last week has been exhausting is an understatement.

She's so sweet when everyone's around, but then the two of us are left alone she instantly goes in on me. She must get some kind of joy out of it because she could just leave me alone.

It's not like I try to talk to her, she always starts it.

The guys left to get dinner, that leaves me and Mary alone in Blake's apartment.

"They must just keep you around for shits and giggles. No way can anyone actually want to be around you." She declared from across the room.

My eyebrow twitches, I've just about had it with her insults.

The only reason I keep my mouth shut is for Isaiah. He really likes her and she seems to only have an issue with me, I don't want to cause him any problems. So I suck it up and just try to ignore everything she says to me.

I pull out my sketchbook Blake bought me, I have pages of designs for stuff I want to make and sell in here. Every chance I get I'm filling this book with pictures. Mostly inspired by these last few months. The ones of the waterfall are my favorite.

I sketch the outline of a street downtown, ignoring Mary as she continues to point out how I don't belong here. It's sorta sad at this point, she could be doing so much more with her time instead of coming at me like this.

I start adding details, like flower pots and signs, people in the windows at the Cafe and cars on the side of the road.

"I'm talking to you, bitch." Mary spits, sounding way closer than she was before. I lift my eyes off the paper just in time to see her tip a large glass of water over. Sending the liquid all over my sketchbook.

"When I'm talking, I expect you to listen." Her eyes are on fire, but that fire is extinguished as soon as the front door opens up.

"Oh my gosh! You should be more careful! Your drawings are soaked!" She gasps. Grabbing a wad of paper towels, she begins to dab at the wet and now thanks to her, smudged paper.

"Fuck, what happened?" Blake's worried voice sounds from the door.

"She accidentally knocked over a glass of water. It spilled all over her sketchbook." The way she can lie like that is incredibly awful.

She dumped it, on purpose, but can blame it on me and sound so confident.

I grab the book, not looking at anyone and lock myself in the bathroom connected to my room.

Grabbing the hair dryer I set it on a low heat and begin to try to salvage any of my drawings.

I knew she was mean, I can handle the harsh words. But she just ruined countless hours of my work, and blamed it on me. I can't even tell anyone what really happened because then it would be known that we don't get along and Isaiah would probably have to choose between hanging out with her or with Blake and I.

I don't want to put him through that.

I hear shuffling of feet and a soft knock on the door.

"Rose, you ok?" It's Blake, of course it's him.

He probably won't even question that I did it, I'm always tripping or running into things.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sniffle. I didn't even realize I had started to cry until I tried to speak.