42♦

42

♦𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖐𝖊♦

Was I nervous for the fight tonight? Absolutely not. Was I worried about what Conway might do after?

Hell yeah. I don't know what or who Conway has up his sleeve. I'll protect Rose with all I have, but that protection doesn't mean shit if I'm not there with her.

One of these days this is going to have to stop, I won't be able to deal with his bull shit for much longer.

When I got into fighting I knew the dangers, but I never thought about how dangerous it would be for the person I would fall for.

Hell, I never thought I'd find my someone. But I did, and this world I've brought her into is dangerous, it eats me alive everyday. The fact that no matter how hard I train, how strong I am or how hard I hit. That none of that means shit if they get to her while I'm not around.

They could kill me without even touching me, it's the most bizarre and fucked up realization I've had so far.

I have to end this tonight, for Rose's protection and my sanity. Speaking of Rose, what's taking her so long? Bella dragged her off to the bedroom so they could get ready for tonight.

"We need to leave in ten minutes." I shout down the hall. Ace left an hour ago so he could run home, but he's meeting us back here in ten minutes with Isaiah so we can all ride together.

"Ok!" Rose's sweet voice travels down the hall, just the sound of her voice warms my insides. A strange feeling when I'm icing over like I do before a fight.

Rose skips out of the bedroom a minute later wearing the most jaw dropping outfit.

Her feet are covered in a pair of black workout shoes paired with red crew socks. A tight pair of shorts reach her mid thigh and her hair is styled in loose curls.

But what makes my heart skip a fucking beat is the loose t-shirt that hangs from her shoulders. In big bold red letters my name is written across it. How and when she got that shirt is beyond me but I fucking love it.

She stands there with an innocent smile on her face. Little does she know she's making it extremely difficult for me to have innocent thoughts though.

Bella knows it too, she's got a devilish look plastered on her face. My middle finger twitches with the need to flick her off, but Rose would chew me out and I don't want that to happen right now.

"Do you like her outfit?" Bella taunts. "Show it off, Rose. Give us a couple spins." Fucking hell, I'm having a hard enough time controlling myself. I don't need Rose spinning around looking all cute and showing off her body to me.

My hands are already in tight fists, it's all I can do to control myself. I want to rush over to her and run my hands through her hair, down her body and, shut the fuck up brain. Now is not the time.

I just need to calm dow- oh God, she's spinning. Her hair floats around her body as she twirls, I wanna do things to her that I shouldn't.

When Rose's back is turned to me I flip Bella off for putting me in the situation, quickly returning my hand to my side before Rose can catch anything.

"What do you think?" Rose giggles, she stops spinning but her body sways to the side a little. Instinctively my hand holds her elbow making sure she doesn't fall.

"I really fucking like it." I growl, to my surprise it makes her giggle again and my brain is about to fry.

"Lets go kick some Conway ass!" Ace barges through the front door, saving me from embarrassing myself any farther.