Chapter 7

It had been about a day since you arrived and it was fairly peaceful.

You picked up your quarterstaff and put on your mask after finishing a shower. You had wanted to avoid the library like the plague since Franky showed you to the room. You couldn't read, and you couldn't tell which books were where. It was easy to mess up there.

Unfortunately, the bathroom was located above the library and you had to pass through it to get to the ladders up.

"Thanks for watching the door," you called to Robin. She had been reading there when you came and hadn't minded keeping an eye out. "It's not that I don't trust the guys to not peek, but it'd just feel nice to know for sure."

"Of course." She had a smile in her voice.

Nami had come in, leaning over a table in the middle of the room. You remembered Franky telling you that it was her mapping desk there during the tour.

"What are you doing?" you asked her curiously, tossing your towel over your shoulder.

"I'm marking down the previous island we were at," she answered. She looked up at you, her aura excited. "My goal is to make a map of the world, see."

"Luffy told me about it." You move your head as if looking at a map on the table, starting to regret starting the conversation. "You're an amazing cartographer."

"Thanks." She held up her wrist. "I have to figure out our next location. It's a good thing the fishmen gave us this Log Pose. Luffy always wants to go to the 'fun' islands."

She had to be talking about the ones with three needles. You had a feeling she meant dangerous rather than fun, from what you knew about those.

"You've been to Fish-man Island?" you suddenly asked. "Have you met someone named Shyarly?"

"The fortune teller?" Nami looked at you in surprise. "Yeah, you know her?"

The smile under your mask widened. "I haven't seen her in a long time. How is she doing?"

"She's doing great. She abandoned her fortune telling, though, after an incident that happened while we were there."

Strange, you thought to yourself, nodding.

"Have you been to these islands?" Her hand shifted a bit from her previous location, pointing at somewhere else. "They're near the one we were on. I saw them from afar but we didn't land."

Shoot. You didn't really pay attention to which direction you went, as long as the destination you heard was somewhere you haven't heard of so that perhaps you'd encounter a wild Luffy somewhere.

"It might be the closer one. I didn't pass by any other island. But then again, I did stow away on a ship so I may have missed it."

"You stowed away?" Nami looked up at you. "I never asked, but what took you so long to decide to join?"

Good, a change in topic. But still hard to explain. "Well," you started, "I don't like people."

Nami tilted her head, confused.

"I didn't think I'd like the crew. Or the crew would like me." You gestured at your mask. I didn't want people to find out I'm blind and think I'm weak.