Chapter 11

The ship landed the next day, and the crew headed out to stock up on supplies again and go shopping. You let Nami lead you to someplace, her aura excited.

"I heard this island had amazing shops," she said. "They're a bit expensive, but the clothes are wonderful!"

"I really don't care much for clothes." You shrugged. "As long as it feels comfortable to wear, I'll take it."

Nami sighed. "If the clothes you're wearing don't match, people will think you're either blind or have no sense of fashion."

"Then I have no sense of fashion."

Nami shook her head disappointedly at you, not saying anything more. You both walked until Nami stopped you in front of a large concentration of auras.

"Doskoi Panda is less expensive," you heard Nami murmur. She grabbed something out of her pocket and turned to you, giggling. "But Pappag gave me these coupons for Criminal so it's definitely more worth it to shop there!"

You had no idea who Pappag was or what panda and criminal she was talking about, but she seemed like she was having fun just looking at what you presumed was a clothing shop.

"I'd rather not go in," you said, seeing the large masses of people inside.

"I need to see how you'd look in them though!"

"There's too many people here. I'll just head back to the Sunny."

"Fine." She didn't look too disappointed, thankfully, and you had a feeling she was more excited to buy something for herself. She quickly ballparked your measurements, and got lost in the crowd.

You sighed, but smiled at her excitement to buy something for you. You fidgeted with your quarterstaff a bit, then started walking back where you came from to the Sunny.

You walked along the shoreline, avoiding people and taking a more quiet way back. You were humming Binks' Sake again, when your Haki picked up on three familiar auras that appeared in your vicinity. Before you could act, a clink of metal and an object thrown on the ground was heard.

You got in a defensive stance with your quarterstaff. Two were in front of you, the other behind. If they were saying something, you couldn't hear it. There was a high ringing noise in your ears.

These were the people who took away your sight two years ago.

You clenched your teeth, focusing on each of their auras. Suddenly, a feeling of wetness and humidity enveloped your head. You couldn't breathe. As you moved your hand to claw at the bubble around your head, you sensed two of the auras come at you with swords. One from the front and the other at your back.

I'm going to get hit.

You block the attacks with your staff, dodging another attack. One after another, as you were still gasping for breath and not getting it. You could hold your breath for a fairly long time, but with you expending energy to dodge and block, and using your Haki, it was getting difficult.

You sensed one of them aiming for your leg with what seemed like a crossbow, and you quickly moved your quarterstaff to block it.

It's going to break.

You coated your staff in Haki, but it was too late. You felt your staff break in two as you screamed, a burst of pain coursing through you from your left leg. It wasn't a normal bullet or arrow; it was like a Sea Train rammed into you, all its impact going into the spot on your leg.

The other two slowly backed away after a while, and suddenly the bubble popped. At the same time, you felt a prick on your neck, and one of them punched your face, knocking your mask off.

You still couldn't hear, but you could tell that they were saying something based on their auras, which was slowly blurring out. Your Haki sight was slowly fading away, and so did your consciousness.

<+>

Zoro found himself... not lost again, looking around at the many buildings around him.

He had been taking a nap and had only learned about the crew's whereabouts from Brook, who was on watch, a couple of hours after they left.

Ignoring their insults of him getting lost, he set off to take a walk and look around as well.

It was a highly populated island, he had noticed. There were a lot of people and commotion, and he had noticed other pirate ships earlier. But now, he was somewhere less crowded and busy.

The buildings almost looked the same as the previous island's: small, old, shabby, and drab.

They all looked the same to him.

Suddenly, he heard familiar yelling from not too far away. Luffy's voice.

"[Y/N]!"

His voice sounded worried, very rare for Luffy to be. Zoro immediately ran towards the direction of his voice, and with a few wrong turns and dead ends, he gave up on the ground and jumped on top of the house to make his way there quicker.

"Luffy!" Zoro called, spotting his captain near the shore. As he got closer, he noticed that Luffy had some sort of metal object and a familiar mask in his hands, and a broken quarterstaff laid on the ground.

"Zoro!" Luffy turned to him, a serious expression in his face. "[Y/N]'s been taken."

"Taken? By who?"

Luffy ignored his question, pointing at the broken quarterstaff.

Zoro picked it up, knowing it had seastone and Luffy wouldn't touch it. There was a bloodied arrow between the two pieces, and upon closer inspection, he noticed that there were splinters at the ends. He frowned. Adam wood and seastone shouldn't be this easy to break, especially with an arrow. And with your tone while talking about your weapon, Zoro knew you wouldn't let this "special stick" be broken easily.

He looked around at the sand for any other things and noticed footprints.

"We need to go."