Chapter 15

You heard an urgent yell from Click, calling for Pop and Sizzle, not too long later. You were slowly regaining hearing and energy and were able to spread your Haki to sense the auras far away, just barely. Thankfully they weren't too far away, and you could sense Sizzle's and Click's auras, facing a familiar one. Zoro's.

Pop's aura perked up after hearing the yell, and contemplated going to it. You could hear their conversation outside.

"Where's [Y/N]?" Zoro's voice demanded.

"[Y/N] [L/N]?" Sizzle growled, a smirk in his voice. Since when did he get your name? "We got news for you."

You saw Pop pick up a sword, then, as if on second thought, turned to you and raised his arm, pointing at you.

"Let's see if killing him would make you talk," he said darkly, his cheerful demeanor not breaking. You suddenly heard a loud pop in front of you, slightly flinching. He chuckled, then left.

He knew that you were awake.

You gritted your teeth in anger, pulling at the chains now that they were gone and it didn't matter if you made noise. You couldn't break it open without any weapons, but there was a small gap between them.

You felt around you for something, anything. The chains held you back.

Your mind went back to Zoro. How did he even find you? Knowing his sense of direction, it was a good chance he just stumbled across here. But perhaps not.

If he managed to get here, he would be able to cut you free. However, you hated to have to depend on him. While he was fighting those three, you were sitting here doing nothing. He could get hurt.

You took a deep breath, then pulled. You spat on your wrists and pulled as hard as you could to free yourself of the chains. You were not weak. You were not weak. You were not weak.

Your right hand slipped free, and there would no doubt be marks on your wrists. You felt further around you, but found nothing. You continued to pull, spitting more on your wrists and tugging.

The one of your left was significantly tighter, but as you turned and twisted your arm, it slipped free, with more throbbing on your wrists.

You could hear swords clashing, and you felt around the room for any weapons of any sort, limping as you went. You found a table at the corner of the room with nothing on it. You kicked one of the legs as hard as you could with your good leg, breaking it. You grabbed the broken leg, feeling for the splinters and testing its weight. It was a bit too thick and didn't have as good a grip with its edges, nor was it long enough, but it will have to do for now.

As you started towards the commotion, you hesitated. Zoro was there, and your face was fully uncovered. He'd see the scars and glass eyes.

Most of the other crew members knew your blindness, but you didn't want Zoro to know. It was a feeling in your gut that told you it was a bad idea.

But despite that, you shrugged it off and continued, heading for the auras. It was a straight shot, but to see if there were any walls in the way, you held the table leg in front of you, and instinctively turned when you knew there was some sort of barrier.

You heard a grunt of pain from Zoro when you arrived, and you saw his aura slightly slouch.

He was injured, and surrounded by the three pirates.

<+>

Zoro became a lot more careful when the third guy showed up. He had a stronger aura than the other two, and the bubbles he made, most likely with a devil fruit, was a weapon, as unlikely as it seemed.

He could not get a clean hit on him or his allies. The bubbles were like a protective shield and coating on them, and the acid man could store his acid in them, making it difficult for him to avoid the burning liquid if he cut them. The peg-legged man was also a problem, with those powerful arrows of his and his aim.

When he sensed a fourth aura heading over, he prepared himself for another attack, clenching harder on his sword. He could take a fourth enemy.

However, the aura he sensed was familiar, and he relaxed just a bit when he realized it was you.

"Zoro!"

He didn't take his eye off the enemies, and instead moved his hand, still holding a sword, to throw the mask blindly in your direction. He respected your privacy, and he had a feeling you would fight better with it.

"Thanks." He heard the surprise in your voice.

"Not a problem. Now get in here, you masked weirdo."

"Lost-head," he heard you mutter under your breath.

He smirked despite the pain of the acid and the hit the just took, adjusting his swords and stance against the three pirates. Three against two. Better than before, and still not the best, but he felt a sense of relief knowing you were alright and had his back.