3.3

✰

Ears alert, Tango slipped out the dog door just as two cars pulled up. 

Bella climbed out from Jacob's car holding her injured hand. Edward's Volvo screeched to a stop in the middle of the road. With a speed Tango didn't know human's possessed, he was directly in Jacob's face, gipping his jacket as he fumed. 

"If you ever touch her against her will again!" Edward shouted. Jacob knocked his hands off him, both supernatural creatures sizing each other up. 

Bella tried to get between them but it wasn't any use, "Don't do this here!" 

Tango raced down the stairs and stood by Bella, standing round her legs and nudging her back away from the two angry men. It seemed like one of those protect drills Charlie would do with her but she doubted this was that kind of exercise.

Jacob seethed, "She's not sure what she wants."

Bella tried to move closer again but Tango was having none of it, "Don't do this!" 

"Well, let me give you a clue." Edward stepped closer using his height to gain the advantage over the wolf, "Wait for her to say the words."

"Fine. And she will." 

Bella sent a harder shove to Tango, causing the dog to lose balance and stumble slightly. An irritated huff left her snout as Bella continued to get in the middle of the two men. "Jacob. Just go, okay."

Charlie, having heard the commotion exited the house to see the two teenagers facing off with Bella pushing her way in the middle and his dog bouncing back from the ground. Tango ran to his side immediately and walked by him, maybe it was a drill after all. 

The Chief of Police rushed over and pushed them apart, "Hey, hey, hey, hey..." Jacob had the decency to look away first as Edward continued to glare. "Easy guys, easy. Let's take it down a notch. Alright? What's going on?" The only adult looked at the three for an explanation. 

Jacob didn't look at Charlie as he spoke, "I kissed Bella." His eyebrows raised in shock but Jacob wasn't done. "And she broke her hand... Punching my face. Total misunderstanding." A small moment of silence hung in the air, Charlie had no clue what to do but was glad Bella stood up for herself. Clearing his throat he looked down at Tango who stood alert at his side for help, when he received none from the dog he turned to his best friend's son.

"Well then, I think it's best you go now Jacob." Charlie scratched his head with an irritated face. Teenagers scared the living hell out of him. Tango also seemed to blame Jacob and stood next to Charlie with her front lip pulled back showing her teeth. Even though in wolf form he was probably six times her size, the dog still had a threatening factor. 

Jacob's face fell slightly but he nodded, no matter how much it pained him to leave Edward with the Swan's, he could see the message that he wasn't welcome here.