4.2

✰ 

✰ 

They were late, Tango understood that. 

Her usual collar was replaced with a white one and a small, flowery clip was placed one her chest as decoration. Alice had shown Charlie how to accessorise the dog correctly a few days before. Safe to say it had taken a few weeks for Charlie to come round to the idea of his daughter getting married at eighteen. 

He wasn't quite dancing with joy just yet, he'd need a few more beers for that. 

When they arrived at the Cullen house, the first word which came to mind was stunning. It was a woodsy theme with an elegant theme of white flowers weaved into green bundles creating a vibrant scene. Tango jumped out from the car and allowed Charlie to clip on her lead. Something about some people feeling better when dogs were one leads even though she behaved better than most children. 

Carlisle let them in with a smile and a handshake for Charlie, a quick affectionate head rub for Tango. The dog had quickly become a pleasant presence in the Cullen household over the past month, Bella had brought her over quite a few times. 

"Just go up to the top floor, Bella's getting ready." Carlisle said with a smile and quickly disappeared down the hall. 

Charlie straightened out his suit, nodded to himself and gripped Tango's lead a bit tighter before they walked. The dogs nails made a small tapping sound on the uncarpeted floor as they walked, the floor was more slippery here than at home. 

Right before they got to the top Charlie stopped and turned to the wall a little perplexed. More shoe sounds alerted Tango that another person was approaching, it was Mom. Tango had finally met Mom the other day. She had received many cuddles from the woman who smelt slightly like Bella when she hadn't been around Edward all day. 

Since she'd seen her Mom was always smiling or laughing. 

"Hey, so, did you find our daughter?" Renee asked as she passed Charlie on the stairs. 

Charlie answered with a question of his own. "Are those graduation caps?" Renee turned to see the frame he was looking at. Sure enough, it was filled with graduation caps with nearly every colour. 

She let out a loud laugh, "How creative!" 

"Or weird." Tango barked in agreement to whatever Charlie said as usually that was most useful. 

Renee took no notice of her ex-husband and called at the top of the stairs, "Alice? Bella?"

"ln here, Mom." 

Renee gasped dramatically as she saw her daughter, "Oh, my gosh! You're so beautiful. Oh, honey." Tears came to her eyes as she saw her little girl all grown up. "Crap! My mascara." Alice whipped out a handkerchief like she had known it was gonna happen and handed it to Renee.