Voice

Aldric

We were currently sitting in front of the doctor, who was looking at Ava's report. Honestly, he was doing that since 10 minutes. Ava held my fingers tightly. I could see, she was nervous. Beads of sweat on her face. I was getting impatient. What the hell is taking him so long? I swear if I could, I would take out my gun and point it at his forehead. And then , his mouth would speak. But no , I can't. I don' want to create chaos right now.

"It is possible, Mr Johnson", he said.

As soon as he said that, Ava glanced at me smiling widely. I also smiled at her. We glanced towards the doctor.

"We would have to operate on her, to bring the vocal cords back in shape. The damage which was done to the vocal cord is treatable and with proper therapy she would be able to speak within fifteen days", he said.

"Thank you so much, but would there be any complications?", I asked. Ofcourse my baby's life is more important to me than any of this.

"No, there is none. We have handled hundreds of cases like this, and it  all turned out to be a success. We are the best in the country or you can say the world and we can assure you that she will be able to speak again", he said.

I can't be happier than this. Ava was also smiling and happy. I would get to hear my princess again. The voice I missed for years. But more than this, I was happy for her. I know, how much hard it is for her, not to speak. She must have felt helpless sometimes. And I don't want that. I want my baby to be strong. And this is the start of it.

"When can it be done?", I asked.

"If you want we could admit her now. We would need to medicate her for the surgery, for that it would take two days. And after that we will operate. And after the surgery, she would need to stay for at least 15 days.", he said.

Does he really think I am gonna leave my baby here for almost 3 weeks, in this stinking hospital. No, never. I would better get the whole medical team kidnapped. Yeah , that's a better idea.

"We will come here tomorrow", I said.

"No problem, Mr Johnson.", he said. I held Ava's hand and we exited the hospital.

We were going back to the mansion. Ava seemed so happy. I really love it, when I see her smiling. I just want to hear that melodious voice of her's.

Soon we were in the mansion. We sat on the couch.

"Thank you."

She wrote in her notepad and showed me. I pulled her on my lap.

"Princess, you don't need to thank me. I could do anything for you, this is nothing. I just want you to be happy. I want you to forget everything in the past and be happy. I can do anything for your happiness. Getting the best laryngologist in the country is nothing. I would even present the world before you, without you even saying", I said.

Tears welled up in her eyes. She hugged me tightly, burying her face in my neck.

I cupped her face and wiped her tears. She started writing something in her notepad.

"I don't want the world, I just want you."

"I am all yours. Always and forever, till eternity. Even death can't part us.", I said.