Part 9

(Alex's POV)

As I start to come around I can feel something stroking gently down my face and along my jaw. Slowly opening my eyes I catch surprise and then guilt crossing Emily's face as she quickly withdraws her hand. "Sorry" she whispers "I didn't mean to wake you."

I grab her hand and place it back on my cheek. "I'm yours to touch and look at as much as you want. I don't mind being woken up if it's by you."

She gives me her shy uncertain smile but starts to gently stroke my morning stubble again and Firenz purrs with contentment. I can't help but reach over to touch her too, just gently running my fingers up and down her arm. How in the hell do I broach the subject of Firenz and wolves with her?

Just as I'm about to ask what her plans for the day are, there's the sound of a phone alarm from the next room.

"Oh shit that's mine" she says, leaping up and out of bed to go get it. Her sudden absence leaves me feeling empty but I admit to enjoying the view when she comes back in, tapping away at her phone. Only as she looks up and catches my goofy smile does she realise she's still stark naked. "Oh my god" she cries, throwing herself back under the sheets as I can't help but let out a loud laugh.

"Don't mind me, I'm not complaining at all."

She sticks her head back out from the covers to stick her tongue out at me but that only makes me laugh more. Her rosy cheeks are too cute to resist so I lean in and kiss them both before finding her lips. "Good morning beautiful."

She huffs but smiles back at me until a bleep from her phone regains her attention. "I have to go. We've got a full day of activities planned and I need to go back to my room to change."

"What are these wild hen do activities?"

"This morning we're taking a helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon" she beams at me in excitement, "then we're going quad biking in the desert, and then tonight we're going to see Cirque du Soleil."

"Sounds awesome" I say trying to sound enthusiastic although Firenz's protective side is already waying up the dangers of helicopters and quad bikes. "Be careful though, okay, I want you back in one piece."

She laughs, "Alright" then leans over to give me a quick kiss before jumping out of bed once more and quickly shimming back into last night's clothes. I slip on some boxers and follow her to the door, not wanting to let her go but not wanting to stop her fun either. "Message me so I know you're alive, I'll be stuck in meetings all day but thinking of you." I murmur against her ear as we hug and then kiss goodbye.

With one last smile she disappears out the door. I watch her all the way to the elevator before finally closing the door and leaning back against it with a sigh. As I think about last night I slide down the door with an ear splitting grin on my face. Life doesn't get much better than this surely?

True to her word Emily sends me pictures throughout the day. The first is of her standing by a helicopter, the next a short video of them taking off. Fifty minutes later she's standing in the middle of the Grand Canyon. Arms spread wide, with a smile, although she looks far too close to the edge for my liking. Deep breaths I murmur to myself reasoning that she clearly hasn't fallen into the ravine if she sent the bloody picture.

It's over an hour later when she sends the next image, all kitted up in biker gear and giving me a thumbs up as she sits astride a quad bike. The next message is another video although she's not in, I can just hear her screams and whoops of excitement as a bike below her races along desert sand. Again my protectiveness kicks in, should she really be filming whilst driving that thing? Breathe, breathe, she's having fun.

It's almost another hour of nail biting tension, fighting my mate instincts to go find her and make sure she's ok before the next image has me breathing a sigh of relief. She's in her hotel room showing me her evening outfit, a sparkly silver glitter dress which reaches mid-thigh. She looks stunning and knowing she's back in the same hotel as me allows me to relax more than I have done all day.

Trying to avoid my empty hotel suite I convince Jake to try a new steakhouse with me for dinner. We're just tucking in to the juicy goodness when our pleasant evening is interrupted by the sight of Rain and Alpha Ray entering the restaurant.

The moment she sees us she saunters over to stand in front of me.

"Who was she then? That slut you were with last night?"

With a growl, my hand is around her throat and she's against the wall before I even realise what's happening. I quickly loosen my grip slightly but make sure my anger is clear in my words, "Don't ever talk about her like that again."

Surprise and then anger cross over her face and I realise that my abrupt extreme reaction has confirmed something for her. That Emily is someone important. Without a word she shoves me off her and then storms back over to her father. Immediately starting to mutter something in his ear. His glances across at me affirm that I am the topic of conversation but my more immediate worry is that Emily might be part of that conversation too.

Jake's looking at me with concern written all over his face, "You ok?"

"Sorry," I mutter sitting back down and scrubbing my hands across my face and through my hair, "She saw me with Emily last night. I don't want that bitch anywhere near her."

"Understood" Jake states seriously, "Things with you and Emily are good though right? I don't know how it works with humans but she sure seems like she's feeling the effects of the bond too."

"Yeah I think so, everything feels great apart from the fact that I still need to tell her I'm a werewolf." I look at him wryly.

"Well my advice is to do it quick. She's gonna be in shock whenever you tell her and it's gonna take a bit of time for her to wrap her head around it. Might as well get it done and then you can move forward knowing everything's out in the open. And with Rain being the pain in the arse that she is, you know she's gonna try and stir something."

I nod regretfully. "She's having a fun night with friends right now so I'll figure out how to tell her tomorrow. Christ I really don't know how it's gonna go down."

Jake pats my hand sympathetically, "The moon goddess wouldn't have sent her to you if she couldn't handle it."

That sentence makes me feel marginally better because it must be true. I've waited fourteen years and finally got the most incredible mate, it has to all be for a reason. The moon goddess wouldn't give me two days with my angel only to take her away from me again. So although my thoughts are still filled with Emily I give Jake a nod and tuck back into my steak with more eagerness.

Hope you're enjoying the story so far! Sorry there was no midweek update this week, I was away on holiday but back to the usual schedule now though.

Don't forget to comment and vote :) Thank you!!