Part 15

(Emily's POV)

*Mature Content*

Ignorance is bliss so they say. Although technically I'm not ignorant because Alex has told me everything but I am blissfully choosing to ignore it all. For the last three days I've just acted like everything is totally normal. And although Alex and Jake openly talk about wolf things in front of me now it's a lot easier to just tune it out because neither of them have shifted in front of me again.

Alex did tell me that he had to inform some of the other Alpha's here about me, that he had found his mate and Luna, (still choosing to gloss over that word which scares me more than any other) and that that probably means word spreading elsewhere too. Apparently Alpha Alex finding his mate after fourteen years is quite a big deal in the werewolf world. A scary thought when I am said mate.

He seemed really apologetic about it to be honest, saying he wouldn't have told them if he didn't have to and not to worry too much about it, he would protect me and so on. It gave me the impression that I should worry about it but to be honest it mainly gave me a weird sense of pride. I was secretly a little pleased that he was telling people about me. Is that stupid? Probably.

I'm still not sure what the hell I'm going to do. While the last three days have been filled with manicures, pedicures, waxings and other pre-wedding hen activities I've been able to ignore the ticking of time to the end of my week here in Vegas. But today is the wedding day and tomorrow Kate and her new husband Chris will be flying off to Hawaii on their honeymoon, the rest of our wedding party are flying back home and I am supposedly picking up my hired camper for my solo roadtrip. Only that was before Alex and the thought of leaving him makes me feel physically sick. My strong independent logical side is telling me I can't change my plans for a cute man I've known for six days, but my heart is in complete disagreement.

"You're all done," the make-up artist declares, making me jump so lost was I in my thoughts. I glance at myself in the mirror and smile. "It's perfect" She's managed to enhance all my best features whilst still making it look totally natural. My hair is already up so I simply slide out of the chair for Kelly to take my place and head over to where my dress is hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Although not technically a bridesmaid as there are only 8 of us girls here for the wedding we're all getting ready together in one suite. The boys are doing the same in another suite down the hall. Rather sweetly Kate invited Alex and Jake to join us, and although they were reluctant to intrude at first, Chris insisted and made sure to even include them in a couple of their stag things yesterday. I honestly have the best friends.

The whole day goes by perfectly, exactly the low-key relaxed wedding that Kate and Chris wanted. Of course I cry when they say their vows, having known the pair of them as a couple for six years I can't help the emotions overwhelming me. But I almost cry more when Alex subtly hands me his handkerchief and then takes my hand, threading his fingers through mine. Honestly I've spent most of my time ogling him since the moment I saw him at the chapel. He's in his crisp black suit again, the same one he was wearing the night I met him, looking like sex on legs. I have to remind myself not to drool.

He's barely left my side and always seems to be reaching out to touch me in some way, holding my hand, stroking my arm, or fiddling with my hair. I think the contact soothes us both because as soon as he stops I find myself automatically reaching over to him to reestablish it.

We've ended up back in Oasis, which is great because Alex owns the club and therefore the DJ is playing whatever we ask, much to the annoyance of the other mostly American patrons, but we don't care. As we leap around the dancefloor shouting the lyrics to the end of Mr Brightside I catch sight of Alex watching me with a smile on his face. Red faced and sweaty I race over to him and throw my arms around his neck, "Dance with me?"