二十五| 25

❝𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙙❞

❝𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙙❞

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭.

Unfortunately, they lack the knowledge of the vast world that despises them.

You weren't dead.

But you felt that way.

You're mind was holding onto the shred of sanity that was spared by the Marleyans. You were emotionally and physically broken, lost in a maze of distress and misery. Everything you worked for, sacrificed for and yearned for was taken away by a cheap, cruel trick.

You had changed so much. You've sacrificed so much: yourself, your home, your friends and their trust but it still wasn't enough.

That's all you had to think about when you were chained up.

The cell that held you was small and every crevice was filled with dirt, mould or animal waste. It was held deep underground, miles away from any form of society. The only people you saw were your guards, interrogators and some Commander who watched your misery.

You thought returning home would be a a jovial experience, you would be able to see all your old school friends, neighbours and indulge in all the food that Paradis had no knowledge of it. It was childish to expect a happily ever after in a world so cruel.

What a stupid little girl you were.

Step

Step

Step

The echo of shoes hitting the floor brought you out of your pitiful trance but it wasn't anything new. You saw his shadow lean into your holding via the dim light.

"Rise and shine sweetheart!" he cooed towards you with his typical, twisted grin mocking your helplessness.

Your head hung low and e/c eyes were locked onto the floor, refusing to give the man any form of satisfaction. But seeing your bruised, bloody, boney body, his work of art, already gave him an obscene amount of happiness.