I walked with Kusuo and his parents towards the temple. It was huge, There was temples back in America but I've never gone to one before so this is a first for me.

"So (Y/N), have you ever been to a temple before?" Kusuo's dad asked me.

"Uhhhhh..."

"I don't think she's been to one dear, especially during New Years." Kusuo's mom told her husband.

"Oh! Then let me tell you what to do!"

Kusuo's dad explained to me that you give an offering to the temple, like a coin, shake the rope connected to the bells, pray and make a wish. Seems simple enough. I'll have to call my parents later and tell them Happy New Years.. I stood there with Kusuo while his parents prayed.

"What are you gonna wish for Ku-chan?" I turned towards him.

"It's a secret." I gave him an annoyed face.

"Okay.. what are you gonna wish for Ku-chan? And why is it to have peace and quiet today?" He chuckled.

"Let's go." He grabbed my hand and took me up the stairs to the ropes. I gave an offering, shook the rope with the bells ringing. I clapped twice and put my hands together and prayed.

"I hope mom and dad are safe back in America and that I have great opportunities here in Japan. I wish for a bright future ahead of me."

I didn't want to feel nosy so I didn't pay attention to what Kusuo prayed and wished for. I grabbed Kusuo's hand and we walked down the stairs together. I felt a sequence of buzzes in my pocket, it was my parents calling me through video chat. I answered and showed them the temple.

"(Y/N)-chan you're there?! Oh how I've missed that temple so much! How beautiful! Did you already make a wish sweetie?" My mother asked me with glee in her voice.

"I'm sure she did already Yui-chan, are you there with Saiki-san and his family?" My father asked me with his face poking from the corner of the screen. I nodded, I positioned the camera so that me and Ku-chan fit in the frame. He smiled and waved at my parents. Nendo and Kaido then jumped in to see what was going on.

"Oh my (Y/N)-chan has friends already! I'm so happy for you baby (favorite food)!" My father exclaimed and started to get emotional. I blushed out of embarrassment.

"Why did he have to say that?" I face palmed. I internally wanted to scream and hide my face. I turned the camera back to myself while my parents continued talking.

"So (Y/N), are you and Saiki..." My father made finger guns with his index fingers tapping each other. He obviously meant if we were dating or something. I didn't answer because I'm not quite sure myself. I mean yeah, he confessed to me that one time and I basically confessed too but we never made anything official or something. I never bothered because I didn't even know if Kusuo felt like he wanted to be official and have some sort of label on us. Or if he wanted to go public about it! I think my parents noticed that I was thinking hard about it and smiled.

"Don't worry (Y/N)-chan! The time will come! Remember how you asked me Kaito-kun~?" My mother suddenly have lovey eyes for my father, reminiscing about their youth.

"Ah~! Those were the days.." My father smiled to himself digging through his old memories. And then both of them started talking about their younger days which made me have a bored face on.

"I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to come by and visit (Y/N)-chan, we've been busy with work and... other things- that we haven't gotten the chance to see you!" My mother said nervously. My facial expression when from bored to slightly disgusted.