Chapter 32

"Hello, my Prize."

I know that voice.

That voice haunts my dreams. 

That voice belongs to a man I know and yet have never met...

The man with the red eyes.

He overcame my command after a few seconds and turned to look at me. Dull pain in my head started to form as he turned to look at me. 

He looked at me.

I watched as his eyes softened and the world grew quiet.

I watched as the loving smile took over his face. Such adoration adorned his features that it looked nearly out of place. As if no one could possibly hold enough love for something within their souls.  

That smile.... it felt as if I had finally woken up from a long nap. Like I finally recognized the sun warming my skin and realizing the cold loneliness of the dream world was just that... a dream. 

In the blink of an eye, he was in front of me. He softly caressed my cheek as he leaned his forehead onto mine. If I could move I would have taken a step back. Instead, I froze. My body refused to listen to me as it melted into his embrace. 

This is not Yuji. 

I know that. I know, I know that. 

and yet...

And yet I found myself warming in his touch. My nerves were on fire from a simple movement of his fingers. It felt like years when in reality it had not even been three seconds. 

I don't know how or why he is so familiar to me. Why his presence feels more like a beloved memory than a present circumstance. I look into his blood-red eyes and I know him... I know I have loved him before. My soul cried out what my brain refused to believe.

"I know you," I whispered looking up at him. 

His eyebrows furrow as he looks at my face. In his eyes, I could read his confusion, his anger, his panic... 

"You don't remember..." It wasn't a question. It was a statement. A realization that he looked as if he'd rather die than belief. 

He lightly pushed my hair out of my face as he leaned in. 

He caught my lips in a starved kiss. The kind of kiss soldiers gives their wives after returning home from war. The kind of kiss that held such love and such pain all at once. He leaned back still holding me to him.

"Don't worry, Selene. You will. I'll make sure you remember. I will- HEY get your- uh I mean MY hands-off my girlfriend!" The deep voice that spoke changed into a higher voice than I knew anywhere. Yuji.

Before I could ask any questions the markings on his body began to fade. 

"TSUKIKO! step away from him! Under Jujutsu regulations, Itadori Yuji, I will exorcise you as a curse." The shadows around Megumi started to shift as he glared at Yuji. 

"WAIT! No, really I'm fine! More importantly, you and I are both pretty beat up. We should go to the hospital." Yuji said pushing me behind him. 

Megumi hesitated. He looked at us before- "What's the situation?"