32. Pre season testing Pt1

Tomorrow was when I leave for pre season testing and I was not looking forward to it. I opened my phone to see a message from Jon. 'Hey you're going to hate me but Zak wants me to drive you and Lando to the airport tomorrow, so you'll need to be at Lando's house for 6am please :)' 
'Is there any possibility if I just happened to get sick tomorrow that I wouldn't have to come?'
'Nope you're coming, come on y/n you need to talk to him eventually.' 
'Fine.' I replied. 
'Oh yeah I almost forgot, you and Lando are next to each other on the plane, have fun 😂'
'Great.' 

I packed all my uniform into my new McLaren suitcase and spent the rest of the day whining to Molly down the phone about how I had to see and sit with Lando tomorrow, Molly thought it be a great idea for the both of us, I highly disagree. Even though Lando and I still wanted to be friends, these whole three months I've felt like we were strangers. One song could explain the way I feel like right now "Hey Alexa play strange by Celeste." I listened to the song and it made me tear up, ugh I was fed up of crying over him. "Alexa stop!" I demanded. I had a chicken salad for dinner before having a shower and heading to bed. 

I woke up to my alarm pounding through my ears, I pressed stop and slowly got up. I looked at the time 5am, the only con to Formula 1 was how early you have to wake up. I brushed my teeth, washed my face before curling my hair with my hair curlers and adding some makeup. I got dressed and had a coffee before leaving, I still had half an hour before I needed to be at Lando's, so I went to a power station to charge my car, It didn't really need a charge but I wanted to charge it anyway. After charging the car for 20 minutes, it was at full charge and I had 10 minutes to get to Lando's, so I left quickly. 

It took me 5 minutes to get to Lando's, I pulled up outside, to see Jon waiting outside, I got out the car "Will it be ok me leaving it there?" I asked about my car to Jon. 
"Yeah it should be, no one parks around here. Lando is running late which surprises me, I thought it'd be you." Jon said.
"Why?" I chuckled.
"I thought you would grab a Starbucks on the way." 
"I've already had coffee, if I have another one I won't have any energy later." I laughed.
"Haha ok, where's your suitcase?" Jon asked.
"In the boot* I will go and get it." I said grabbing my suitcase. He took the suitcase and put it in the boot of his car. "You excited?" Jon grinned.
"Shut up." I laughed. 

A few minutes later Lando and Max came out of the house, awkward eye contact was made between Lando and I. "What are you doing here? I thought you moved out?" I said running up to Max giving him a hug, he spun me around like he was holding a child. Lando scoffed and placed his suitcase in the boot and got into the car. "Yeah, I just came to visit and to make sure everything was ok between you two." He mumbled.
"Oh ok well it's good to see you, I have to go bye Max." I said hugging him again, he went inside. I looked over to Jon who gave me a confused look, I rubbed one of my hands on the back of my neck, I may have just forgotten Lando was there, well not forgotten but ignored. "Come on we should go." Jon said starting to get in the car, I ran back over to the car and got in. "Right you two ready?" Jon asked, Lando nodded.
"Mhm." I mumbled. Lando didn't even say hello to me this morning, so much for 'I still want to be friends'. I rested my head against the window and started to fall asleep.

Sometime later I felt the car come to a stop and opened my eyes, we arrived at the airport. We got out the car and headed to hand our suitcases over, "Where is everyone else?" I asked Jon.
"They're in Barcelona, everyone except us headed out yesterday to get the car ready." Jon replied. "Why didn't I got out yesterday?" I asked.
"Because you need to stay with Lando and because of your age and everything that's happened I can't leave you two alone." 
"Thanks Jon." Lando replied."
"No problem mate, you two do realise you can talk to each other, oh I think there's a word for it, communication, yeah loads of people do it." Jon said sarcastically. Both Lando and I stayed silent "Well that didn't work, let's just hand in our bags." Jon said. We gave our suitcases over and went through to security, both Jon and I got the all clear whereas Lando didn't. A short blonde woman, mid 20's searched him, her hands touching almost every inch of his body. He winked at her and I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "I'm doing my job." The woman faked smiled at him. "You're good to go." She said making him move along. 

He walked over and grabbed his stuff "You seemed bothered, jealous maybe?" Lando said.
"Jealous." I scoffed. "Nope." 
"You sure." He asked.
"Yeah, I don't want to stroke your ego." I said tolling my eyes. 
"Wow you two are finally talking, not in the way I expected though." Jon said. We headed out of security and decided to get some breakfast, we all got granola pots and sat down. "I'm going to the toilet, no winding each other up." Jon said like a parent, we both nodded and he left.

------------

Sorry I do keep forgetting to post, I'm really trying to remember sorry :)

Boot = trunk of the car