19 pt. 1

Soooo problem, I've been getting comments on chapter 19 that people were confused and then I was confused so I went back to my original document and I missed a part of the chapter!! So here is that part!! Hopefully it's right!
"A club?" I was astonished. "As a banquet?"

Roman stares at me from his side of the bed, amused by the way I seem to be taken aback by his latest comment.

He chuckles. "Babe this is underground fighting." He says. "We aren't preppy rich people with high levels of status. The underground calls it the Club of Saints." He shakes his head then. "Although, we all know they are far from saints."

I snort. "I didn't bring any clothes to wear to something like that," I say, saddened that he didn't tell me.

He shakes his head. "I didn't tell you because I wanted you to let me buy something for you."

I sigh. "Roman," I warn.

"Just this once," he says back. "You can pay me back if it makes you feel better but I want to do this for you. I'm the one who dragged you here in the first place."

I frown. "You didn't drag me here," I say. "I said I would come."

He doesn't meet my eyes. "I know," he says in a low voice. "But it doesn't make me feel better when I involve you in this shit,"

My frown deepens. I've made the realization a long time ago that Roman has a tendency to protect people from his shadows and makes sure only he is affected. I like to think of him as some sort of hero, who does it to protect the ones he cares about.

I touch his cheek. "I'm here for you, Roman." I tell him, moving his face so our eyes lock.

His lips form a smile and he kisses me. It's not a demanding kiss, but one of connection. He wraps his arms around me and when we release the kiss I lay my head on his chest.

Something I was going to say comes back to me. "Um, how am I supposed to get a dress again?" I ask. "You said this thing was tonight?"

He releases me and nods. "Drew's wife is bringing you to the nearby mall. She was very willing to help when Drew told her about you."

I raise an eyebrow. "Why was she so willing? You've brought a girl here haven't you? Or at least been girls around while in one of these?"

He shakes his head. "I've never brought a girl to a fight." He says, matter of fact.

I'm not sure how to react to that. Why would Roman bring me then? Why was I so different?

"Anyways," Roman moves on from the subject. "Drew and Natasha will be here in an hour."

I look at him wide eyed. "An hour?" I look down at my pajamas and wince. "I look homeless." I said to him.

He laughs. "No, you do not," his eyes rake down my body, heat fills his gaze. "Far from it."

I playfully shove him and he laughs. I decide to clean myself up a bit and slip on some jeans and a nice shirt. Since I will be going to a mall, I decided I can try and look like I wasn't just asleep ten minutes ago. I finish up just in time for Drew and Natasha to knock on our hotel door.

I exit the bathroom and see Roman greeting the couple. Natasha looks up and her whole face lights up. "You must be Brooke!" She exclaims and rushes toward me.

Her bubbly attitude matches her red hair and blue eyes. She seems very out of place with an underground fighting manager. "Hi," I say smiling. "It's nice to meet you,"

She chuckles. "Well it is a pleasure to meet you, dear," she says looking back at Roman. "Roman refuses to bring you up the last few times I've seen him. When he told me you needed a dress for tonight I rushed to help!"

I look past her to Roman and he rolls his eyes, making me laugh. "Well thank you so much for helping me." I say, kindly.

She grabs my hand with a nod and drags me toward the door. "We'll see you boys later," I look at Roman who looks a tad worried. I smile at him as reassurance and Natasha closes the door before either of the guys can say goodbye.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTT
When walking around the mall, I do my best ti get to know Natasha. She seems to have a very interesting life. Her father was in the military so she traveled a lot growing up.

She told me her and Drew met on one of her many moves. Her dad was transferred to Portland, Oregon, where the two of them met in high school. They have a similar story to Roman and I to where she had no idea he was some underground fighter. We had a laugh about how the good girl caught the bad boy in his secrets.

"So how is Roman outside of the ring?" She asks. "Is he a secret softy behind the scenes?" She laughs as she says that.

I laugh too. "I'd say no," I chuckle. "He has his moments but definitely not."

She snickers. "Drew has known him since his freshman year.  Caught him trying to sleep in the makeshift gym they have."

I frown. "Why would he have to do that?" I ask.

Natasha shrugs pulling out another dress from the rack. Before she answers my question, she gasps looking at the dress. "You have to try this one on!" She shrieks excitedly.

The dress is forest green. Not your typical club dress, but pretty nonetheless. She hands it to me and I admire the dresses silk and the accents of dark green lace that make the dress even more gorgeous. I look to the mirror on my right and pull it up to my body. It goes about knee length and would most likely be skin tight on me.

I fight a frown on my face because I've never worn a dress like this. No matter what people have to say about dancers, I'm not your picture perfect ballerina who can fit in size zero their whole life.
I used to hate ballet because my studio made us wear leotards and tights. It made me insecure that I couldn't look like the other dancers that are less in weight and height than me.

"Are you going to try it on?" Natasha asks eagerly, interrupting my thoughts. "It would look gorgeous on you, Roman will have a fit if he sees you in that."

I chuckle. I'm sure he would. Most of the time it irks me that someone as good looking as Roman would even want to be with me. Yes, I know, your average insecure college student, but Roman is just... well, he's gorgeous. Simply put, Roman looks like a model half the time and he surprises me every time I see him.
And sure, he's seen me basically unclothed before, but I've never promoted myself to him with outfits like these. He just likes me for me. Even this morning, I was wearing an old pair of sweat shorts and one of his black T shirts. He looked at me this morning as if I was wearing some type of lingerie.

I look at the dress in the mirror once again and decide I will try it on. The worst that could happen is that I don't like it. If that happens, I'll just tose it aside. No big deal.

Natasha and I make our way over to the dressing rooms and each take a room. I strip my clothes off and slip the dress on. I brace myself before I look into the mirror. But when I do, I'm shocked at what I see.

I... really love this dress. Like seriously. It doesn't make me look bad and it's not as tight as I thought it was.

Natasha was right, Roman is going to drop dead when he sees this.