Chapter 13 "Better Person"

⚠️TW⚠️: Before we start this chapter I want to warn you guys there is mentions of SH and CHEATING.  If  you get triggered by these topics please don't read this chapter.

Baileys pov:

|Sages house|

It's been one hell of a week but we got through it.

She got through it. Watching Nina go through this pain, seeing her eyes when she watched her sister struggle was hard, but now that's all over.

Neveahs better, she's doing online school till she's able to walk again, Nina decided to go back to school and so did we.

It's time for a fresh start. We all deserve some happiness in our life. Speaking of happiness..

"Hey.. remember how Flash used to be before Nina?" Sage asks as he takes a sip of his beer I nod my head smiling

It's Sunday the last day of our break until we go back to school and have to see mr. Shit face.

Right now me and Sage are hanging out at his house, Ace is trying to find a job that he can do when he gets off of school.

Aces mom is struggling again with drugs, so she's not stable enough to take care of Ace and aces little sister Vivian.

Sage and Kara (Sages little sister) offered them a place to live until Aces mom gets her shit together, which is perfect.

Ace agreed and is at his house packing his and Vivians things, before his mom gets back from the bar.

Me and Sage are here waiting for him. We cleared out Sages parents room and Sage picked up a picture of his parents and then slammed it down on the floor storming out of the room.

I cleaned it up. Apparently we're all fucked up. I finished the room and I didn't confront him about it. It's better unsaid.

"He was an asshole." I say with a chuckle and Sage smiles chuckling too.

It's true. Flash was one of the most horrible people I've ever met before her.

But he was always there for us one fucked up way or another. And he could throw a punch so that was useful.

"Yeah he was.." Sage says and he looks up at the ceiling.

"Honestly I've been waiting for him to screw up.. To do such a bad thing that she would hate him. I watched him get in fights, I watched him about to smoke a cigarette, but then throw the pack away. I watched him stop himself from drinking beers. I tried to convince myself that he was doing it for his on selfish reasons that there was no way in hell Flash Hernandez could ever change.. But it was all for her. He did it all for her. Seeing him change- I.. I liked the person he became when they were together. She makes him better. And I'm not going to loose him again. Because before his mom died-" Sage started but I interrupted him

"He was the best person I've ever met. He actually cared. After she died it's like he died with her. Until her." I say and Sage looks up

"Were not gonna loose him again. I- we can't. " he says and runs his hand down his face, looking at the floor

" You like her don't you?" I ask setting my beer on the side table looking at him he nods his head and takes another sip of his drink

" He's the better person." Sage says and sets his beer down on the coffee table running his hands through his hair " It's always been him." Sage says getting up walking to the kitchen.

It has always been him.

||FLASHBACK 3 years ago||

"So flash.. You wouldn't tell Bailey about this would you?" The girl I thought I would marry one day says holding on to flashes arm he shakes his head and leans down to kiss her she smiles kissing him back.

I just stand there tears rolling down my cheeks.

It's always him.

||Back to the present||

I sigh taking a last sip of my drink before closing my eyes.

"Caroline." I say and smile and Sage stands in the door way between the living room and the kitchen leaning against the wall opening a beer bottle.

" I loved her, and he fucked her. And I forgave him for it. And then he broke her heart. Then she tried to come back to me.... And I of course took her back, and they fucked again." I say and look down at the scar on my hand that's covered by a dead rose tattoo.

I haven't done it in so long. It's a reminder of how weak you can get.

How one person can change you. How knifes can. I stopped a long time ago. I'm glad I did. So I got the tattoo as a reminder to start fresh, and how low life can get.

" Then she tried to blame you." Sage says and laughs at the memory

" I know.. god I hated middle school." I say and shake my head sighing

" There was a lot of fucking drama." Sage says and runs his hands through his hair silence takes over and the a know at the door makes Oliver sound off I jump and scream standing up on the couch.

Sage laughs and I hear laughing coming from the other side of the door. That's familiar. Nina.

" Sage! bailey I heard you scream! You best answer this door before I Spider-Man kick down this door!" Nina yells and I smile jumping of the chair and Oliver barks at me but I ignore it.

Nina and Flash picked up Vivian and Kara up from elementary for us today.

While Ace is out looking for jobs and me and Sage clean the house.

I open the door and smile at the little girls, they make a face at me and say.

" Ew! Boys have cooties!" Vivian yells and shrieks running past me and Kara doing the same. They run down the hallway towards there rooms.

" That's right Kara! Stay away from bailey!" Sage yells looking towards we're they ran and I shake my head and put my hand on my heart. How dare he?! I'm the best uncle Bailey there is!

" Excuse me! I will play princesses with them! And dolls!" I yell and they run back into the room with there mouths dropped

" You will?!" Kara yells and I turn around and smile. I regret that.

"Yeah Bailey go be a magical princess!" Nina says and walks holding the girls backpacks and walks in behind her following her like a lost puppy watching her like she's the most fragile thing ever. She almost bumped into the table and flash pushed the table and grabbed her.

Nina turns around and smiles.

"Don't worry darling, I'm okay." Nina says and taps his chest putting the girls backpacks on the couch as Vivian and Kara walk towards me with a crown and makeup in their hands.

Oh god.

____________________________________

Oh god is right..

And please, please don't retort to SH. If you or anyone you know is struggling please please talk to someone. It could save life's, it could save yours. I'm always here, you can contact me to, I'm here for a reason and I love you. And you are so loved. ❤️

I'm sorry about not updating in a while school is kinda beating me up lately, but I'm back and will update later!! Love ya!

- V