Chapter 14 " Mother."

FLASHS POV:

FLASHBACK

*8 Years Ago*

"Mom? Momma?" My 10 year old self whispers clinging to my teddy bear walking down the steps looking for my mother.

I had another nightmare and she's not in her room like usual, maybe dad came back? But momma said dads not coming back, but he has to he wouldn't just leave me.

Right?

I shake my head at the thought as I look around the living room for her

"Mom?" I say a little louder

" I'm in here flash." She says her voice a little weak probably from all the coughing she's been doing lately.

one time I woke up to red tissues scattered across her bedroom floor.

I hear her cough and that brings me out of my thoughts.

I'm sure it's just a cold like I have. my steps get faster as I feel like someone's watching me and the thunder roars making me jump and run faster, rain starts hitting the top of the house just like yesterday.

Another power outage that explains why she doesn't have any lights on.

I run into the kitchen clinging to my moms leg, for the first time this week I feel safe.

I feel her body shake and look up to see her laughing while filling up a clear glass cup with tap water.

I see her set the cup down to cough into a paper towel and see the bottom of it turn red, my head tilts but she quickly throws the towel away and washes her hands.

" You couldn't sleep either, huh?" She says with a smile handing me the cup after she dries her hands. 

I step away from her leg and take the glass of water taking a sip, I shake my head no and she sighs. She has a scarf wrapped around her head and she has a medical bill in her hand.

she had to go to the doctor yesterday for a check up, she dropped me off at school before it and never told me the results, maybe she's getting better!

She sets the bill down with a sigh and looks back down at me.

" Baby... you have to talk to me. You never know what can happened. We can talk about your da-" She starts but the thunder roars again making me drop the cup to the floor.

I look up and see my mom trying to calm me down saying it's okay but I can't hear her voice, I just run, I run as fast as I can up the stairs to my room. I quickly close the door and lock it.

I can't do anything right. I need dad here to teach me, but he left me when I needed him most. And I hate him for it. And I hate that I miss him so much. And I hate that I blame myself for it.

I lean against the door hearing my mother knock on the other side. I shake my back facing the door I sit down against the door and wipe the tears from my eyes.

I hear her sit down on the floor on the other side as well, I put my hand on the door and try to make her feel better I want to tell her what I'm feeling but I know it hurts her as much as me.

what I don't know is she's doing the same thing on the other side. Her hand to the door thinking how she's going to survive this deadly disease.

*PRESENT*

"Flash!" Kenny says and I look up shocked quickly standing up from the couch, ever since my father died I've been going to therapy, even though my mothers not hear anymore doesn't mean I can't go.