2

Tommy's POV

I jolted awake. That was a dream from about a week ago. At that moment I was happy but scared because I hadn't seen the outside in years.

But that was a week ago. I loved seeing the sky and the sun and the moon and just breathing in the fresh air.

Because hybrids weren't exactly liked by humans I had to hide my wings whenever I entered a village. I was able to learn how to brew potions that made me look human, changing my wings into a fire colored cape. I had been in and out of a few villages already, only staying for a few days each.

So far I was unable to locate my family but hopefully this next town would give me some clues. The name of the small town was Logsted and it seemed like a happy place. Pretty cozy.

I walked in my cape flowing behind me. Whenever I entered I usually listened to people gossip and I looked at all the faces looking for some recognition. All day I listened to people chat. All day I glanced at everyone's face. All day I had to walk about with an empty tummy and weak legs. But I knew this would all pay off one I found my family.

Suddenly I saw a poster on the wall of some building that pulled me out of my thoughts. Walking closer I realized it was about me. It read, Phoenix hybrid on the run. If you come across him, report him immediately for he is extremely dangerous. Of course it was a lie, I was not dangerous. The poster really wasn't much. There were no pictures of the present, just me from when they took me. Two year old me with a tear stained face. That wouldn't be helpful but I wasn't complaining, it helped me keep a low profile, and right now that's all I needed.

I decided to head off to get some food before going to sleep seeing as the sky was beginning to darken. And so with that I walked off to the nearest shop hoping to get a better meal then last time.

Wilbur POV

(In L'manburg)

Phil had told me to head into town to pick up a few things for him so here I was. I had disguised myself with a potion that hid my fish features. Well I was more of a siren. My voice could brainwash others with its beautiful melody, but only if I wanted. I also had blue fish-like scales that wrapped around my arms, legs and the sides of my face. They appeared more when I was in the water though.

I looked up and saw the tall walls of l'manburg. We are living deep in the forest rather than in town mainly cause its just safer seeing as were hybrids.

I stepped inside heading for the rows of shops ahead of me. Phil only needed a few things so I wouldn't have to stay too long. I began to buy simple things such as wheat, eggs, butter, basically the things that Phil was unable to get last time. The reason for this is still unknown to me.

I was buying the last item when I stopped dead in my tracks. There was a wanted poster for a hybrid prisoner that escaped. But what made me grab the flyer and run home wasn't the fact that a hybrid had escaped that horrible. No. It was the picture of little Tommy, standing there with a tear and dirt stained face. It was the picture of my  brother that I had lost 13 years ago deep in that forest.

A/N

Hope You like the story and don't forget to follow, vote and comment on my work. Thx!