4

Tommy's POV

I could see the black walls through the thick trees. I was still a little ways away but I could already see it. Today would be the last day in town unless I picked up a clue on my family. Usually I didn't so I didn't get my hopes up.

I could hear the crunching of leaves and heavy breathing behind me. I quickly turned, seeing three figures running toward me. Without hesitation I slid myself behind a tree. I had gotten used to hiding quickly like this because I never knew if they were a threat or not when I saw people on my travels.

I could hear them pushing back leaves as they searched for me. My heart was racing. I had done this multiple times but I was still just as scared. I never got used to stuff like this even though I was a wanted person.

It went silent suddenly and I waited a second before relaxing and letting out a breath. They must have given up and left. Good. They were humans meaning they were enemies and would most likely sent me back to the testing lab.

I pushed off against the tree I was leaning against and stepped out from behind it. That was when I felt a tight grip against my wrist. I tried to pull free but the man was strong. I looked up trying to look tough but what I was met with frightened me and it showed.

He had long pink hair and scars all over his face with a small crown placed atop his head. Clearly he had gotten into multiple fights. I barely knew how to fight, I was no match.

I shook with fear. Behind him were two others. One with a green and white striped bucket hat and the other with a yellow sweater.

I was screwed. If I couldn't take on one how would I take on three people! At this point I just had to hope. Hope that I will be ok. I felt a tug and found the Pinkett pulling at my arm signaling me to follow. I followed quickly. From my time in the testing lab if I didn't there would be consequences.

I was in human form but I didn't know how to use that to convince them that I didn't do anything wrong. Any way it was probably too late for that. But now that I think about it, what did I do wrong? I was tempted to ask but I figured that would make things worse. So I continued to obediently follow, looking down the whole time.

Techno's POV

When I grabbed the boy's arm I felt him try to pull away but my grip was too strong. When he realized that he looked up. His blue eyes staring into mine and I could tell he was trying to look strong. But he took one look at my scars and his face instantly fell.

Seemed like he knew I could easily overpower him. Smart that he's not trying. I caught him looking behind me at Phil and Wilbur which only made his face fall more.

Now he began to shake a little and his face paled. Was I scaring him too much? No, I'm sure I'm not. Plus, what would I care? He's probably not my little brother like Phil suspects. He was similar, blue eyes dirty blonde hair. But no he was taken and had to be dead.

I tugged at his arm. The sooner we got this over with the sooner I could forget the sad memories of Tommy. Sure we weren't close but he was my little brother.

I turned and he followed almost too obediently. Weird. Phil and Wilbur followed by my side with Tommy behind his wrist in my fist. It was silent all the way home but I didn't care much of that.

We approached the house and we went into a suitable room to question the boy. It was really just the living room but still, it worked.

Phil's POV

After we had sat down in the living room it took everything in me not to pull the boy into a tight hug. I was so sure it was Tommy but I couldn't risk it unless it wasn't.

I glanced at Techno. He seemed sad but was trying to hide it. I knew it was hard for him being reminded of Tommy and as I looked at Wilbur I knew he was thinking the same thing.

I looked back to the boy as Techno began to question him. "What's your name? Oh and don't lie, we will know." I could tell this scared the boy more not to mention the tone Techno was using.

He hesitated before answering. "T-Tom." I could immediately tell he was lying from the way he began to fidget with his hands and how he shifted in his seat.

Before Techno could yell at him I hurriedly said. "Hey mate, It's fine we're friends we won't hurt you, you can tell the truth." This didn't seem to help, even though I used a soft tone. I heard him mumble something quickly. I had good ears, being a hawk hybrid, so I was able to pick up what he had said. That's what they said. I was saddened by that. Clearly something traumatic had happened in his past.

I shot Techno a look telling him that I would do the talking. He seemed a little annoyed but obeyed nonetheless. I turned back to the boy, noticing that he seemed more scared. I was about to question him when he suddenly shot up. "Shoot! I took it too early!" I was confused. Took what too early? I thought.

My question was soon answered as he started to transform. I recognized this. It was what transforming from human to hybrid form looked like. Wings sprouted from his back the same color as his cape.

When It was done he instantly went to the floor shaking. "Pl-please! D-don't hurt me." I frowned. Was his past really that bad. I bent down and held him. "It's ok. Like I said, you're safe."

I looked at his tear stained face as he looked up. "B-but you're human." That's when I realized that we were in our human forms. I drank milk, signaling the others to do so as well. They did and we changed.

Wings sprouted from my back, pig ears appeared on Techno's face and Wilbur's scales appeared. The boy was in shock. Then he smiled.

"It's been so long since I've talked to other hybrids!" He relaxed in my arms and I pulled him up, resuming our seats. I felt bad. This boy looked 16 and he was out in the world alone. I'm surprised he was even able to make the potion.

"Well then now that you trust us more tell us, what's your name?" The boy hesitated again but this time seemed to answer more truthfully. "Tommy." I froze and felt my face go pale. Tommy? This was my son? I couldn't help it. Not after that information. I pulled my son into my arms and I hugged him. I hugged him again after 14 years. Mumbling three words.  "I love you son."