CHAPTER 18: 2 down, 4 more to go...

RAFAEL MARTINEZ

"What am I doing?" I cursed myself getting out of my room. Hazel was sleeping in the room while I was struggling to figure out what am I doing exactly.

I shouldn't get close to her in the end we'll have to get a divorce after a year. After Simon will sort everything, I have to divorce her.

I shouldn't get this close to her.

I have never allowed anyone in my study but today I myself took her to that room and on top of that I told her she can go there whenever she feels like.

This is too much.

I was about to go to the study when my phone rang I looked at the id, it was Christopher, that made me roll my eyes.

Not again.

"Yeah." I answered.

"There has been a problem." He said.

"I can perfectly say that there has been some problem that's why you called. I don't think we are that close where you would call me to ask 'how I am'."

"I am serious Rafael. There has been some serious problem."

"What is it, Christopher?"

"One of our men died again. Someone murdered him and I am sure it's Vincent again."

I scratched my temple with one hand.

I am really tired of listening this shit every time.

"I think he is going to kill Hazel too." When I didn't reply he asked completely irritated. "Are you even listening?"

"Come to my office tomorrow then we can talk." I replied.

"But-"

I hung up with that and dialled someone who can at least help me instead of crying over the same thing all the time.

"Rafael Martinez." Came a cheerful voice from the other side.

"I called because I need your help."

He chuckled "And why would Rafael Martinez need my help?"

"You are the only one who can get me out of this mess now."

"What do you want?"

"Vincent." Was all I said.

"How do you know him?"

"Can we meet? I'll tell you everything."

"Where?"

"My office will be fine?"

"I think that can work."

"See you tomorrow then." Saying that I hung up.

In the morning again I couldn't finish my breakfast because of Dad, he kept commenting on how rude I was to Hazel that day and Hazel, she was just enjoying it giggling like a child. So I left again not finishing my breakfast to avoid all his comments.

I was working in my office when there was a knock on the door, I looked up to find Christopher making his way inside. He looked really angry but I don't think I give a damn about him. I focused back on my laptop.

"We need to talk Rafael."

I didn't look at him but said "Have a seat."

"Hazel is in danger Rafael!" he yelled.

I looked up from my laptop "It's been a month now I am hearing that from you all and trust me, I am fucking tired of it so calm down and have a seat."

"Calm down? You are asking me to calm down when our men are dying?"