CHAPTER 27: It's like he doesn't care about me anymore

HAZEL MARTINEZ

We returned back from Spain last night and since yesterday I have been avoiding Rafael. Maybe he noticed it but he was too busy working so he didn't say anything.

It's only the books that has happily ever after stuffs in real life those things do not exist.

"Careful Haze." Came Deby's voice. I looked down to see I was about to touch the hot pan.

She came to me and rested her one hand on my shoulder "You, okay?"

I nodded.

"Be careful, you could've burnt your hand."

"Sorry."

"Are you really okay Haze? What's wrong?"

I shook my head "Nothing. Just few things going on."

Saying that I left the kitchen making my way back to my room.

It's just a deal Haze.

You are a deal to him. Stop trying to find love in this hopeless marriage.

I kept reminding myself the same thing.

I don't remember when did I fall asleep while thinking these stuffs when I woke up, I went downstairs to the kitchen. To get these things out my mind I have to divert my mind to something else.

I decided to make some pasta for that I started preparing everything I needed. When I was about to finish cooking I felt someone behind me too close, I could even feel his hot breath.

I knew who it was.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Rafael asked while I tried to focus on what I was doing "I am not

"Why are you avoiding me?" Rafael asked while I tried to focus on what I was doing "I am not."

"Hazel, I don't like lies."

"I am not avoiding you Rafael."

"And now you are testing my patience." He sounded irritated this time.

I remained quiet, it's better that way because I knew I can breakdown anytime and he was right, I was avoiding him.

Within seconds he spinned me around making me turn towards him with his hands resting on either side of me.

"Hazel."

"Let me go."

"Not until you tell me why are you avoiding me."

"How do you expect me to react after knowing my husband is gonna divorce me?"

"What?" He rolled his eyes moving away from me "I thought we were done with that topic."

"That's the problem Rafael you thought we were done but we weren't. We never talked calmly about this matter, all you do is avoid the topic."

"Olivia is alive, Hazel."