49| Discovery

I welcomed myself into Mia's room and found her laying defeatedly on her bed, with webs tangled in her hair and a few burnt strands.

"What happened?" I asked, and when I looked around the room, I instantly saw the problem.

After the slugs' visit to the Lightwell and the piles of special slug food they had during dinner just now, they were all hyperactive. Mia's slugs were hopping around in her room, admitting ice, electricity, fire, goo, water, and many more random stuff in random directions.

Burpy and Phoenix were perching on my shoulders, and Burpy in particular was not happy when he saw the out-of-controlled slugs in the room. Being the inborn leader he was, he started yelling at the slugs to stop, and they listened to him, even though he wasn't the leader in Mia's arsenal.

Well, I guess he is the leader of all the slugs that belong to the Shane Gang.

"Thank you so much, Burpy!" Mia thanked him dramatically as she snatched Burpy from my shoulder and beamed at him. "I could kiss you!"

"Maybe not. Phoenix is going to burn you if you do," I warned as Phoenix played along and growled at Mia. Mia pouted before she allowed Burpy to hop back onto my shoulder.

"Even Phoenix has a husband now. When will I ever find my other half?" Mia groaned as she dropped herself back on her bed.

"You will when the time is right, drama queen," I smirked as I closed the door behind me. I placed my backpack on her table and my slugs came out to socialise with Mia's. I walked towards her and sat beside her on her bed.

She immediately shot up in a sitting position and stared at me.

"You do know that I hate it when people sit on my bed when they are-"

"I just showered before I came. I'm clean," I smiled and allowed myself to lay on my back on her bed. "Besides, why can't I lay on your bed but other men can?"

"You-" Mia pointed a finger at me, her face red. Banger, Eli's Armashelt, laughed his head off in one of the canister of my bandoleer. He came out of his canister and giggled at Mia.

"By the way, this is Banger," I introduced the slug to Mia. "And I know his little secret," I smirked at the slug and he smirked back.

"It's obvious," Mia rolled her eyes and laughed it off, before her expression softened. "So, what leads the busiest human in Slugterrean history to come visit me in my room?"

Banger went to hangout with the other slugs and I let out a soft sigh. I stared at the ceiling fan, watching its blade spun through my vision.

"To put it sinply, I miss girl's night," I mumbled. "I need someone to talk to."

Mia stood up from her bed and dashed out of her room like a Hoverbug. I looked at the half opened door in confusion, before I heard another familiar voice approaching the room.

"Mia! What are you doing? I wasn't done talking to Tad-"

The door flung opened, revealing an excited Mia and a super annoyed Trixie. Trixie glared at her, but when she saw me in the room, she seemed to understand the situation.

"Oh hi Alessia! Why are you here?" she asked as she flung her hand away to release her arm from Mia's grip. Mia closed the door and they walked towards me.

"Oh are we just going to ignore the fact that you were just talking to Tad?" I questioned Trixie as they sat down beside me on Mia's bed.

"We're nothing! We were just discussing about tomorrow's attack because who doesn't want to talk about it, and I was nervous so I went to talk to him- I mean he's a great friend and I really like talking to him- Wait no, I'm not saying that the other guys are not good friends of mine, I'm just saying me and Tad just have a special connection between us- I'm not trying to sound weird but it's just-"