Chapter 2

Aurora Pov:

  I feel sick from last night. My stomach aches from the pills that have long since ended their high. Despite the cold, I walk home covered in sweat.

  When I reach my apartment I make my way to the kitchen. My fridge is empty except for some old takeout and a carton of orange juice. I grab the carton and head to my pantry. In the pantry, I find half a bag of stale tortilla chips, three boxes of spaghetti, a bag of onions, and a can of peaches. I grab the tortilla chip and peaches.

  I sit on the floor with my meal. The orange juice only has a few sips left so I open the peaches to down the heavy syrup. I quickly scarf down the peach halves not bothering with utensils. Next, I move to the tortilla chips. The crumbs stick to my syrup-soaked fingers.

  When I'm done eating I feel sicker and dirtier than before. I shouldn't have eaten all that.

  I stumble to the bathroom to empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet.

  I should probably get a couple of hours of sleep before I go back tonight. I pass out on the bathroom floor.

  When I wake again I feel better than before. Still, my mouth tastes like death and I'm covered in all kinds of unsavory things. I pull myself up to look in the smoke-stained mirror. I forgot to take off my makeup last night and my eyes look tired despite my rest.

  I wash off the makeup and brush my teeth. Even without the makeup, u can't tell if the yellow cast on my skin is me or the mirror.

  I sigh at my appearance before getting in the shower. The water is cold no matter what. I watch as the previous day washes down the drain. The water can't take everything away though.

  When I finish I'm clean but, I still feel disgusting. I wish I could wretch again. I want to get rid of everything inside of me.

  I go to my bedroom to pick out something for tonight.  I settle on some thigh-high boots and a green halter dress with some cutouts. My makeup is some eyeliner and purple lipstick.

  I put my money from last night in a jar and head out. The trek to my corner is difficult with all the ice on the road. I'm so focused on keeping my balance I don't notice the car following me until it's right to me. I don't know much about cars but, I can tell it's expensive. It stops right beside me.

  I walk up to the passenger side as the window rolls down a bit. I can't see any more than the top of the man's head. I lean against the car arching my back to push out my boobs as I do.

  "Hey baby", I say, "what can I do for you?". He's silent and I can feel him staring at me. I start to feel uncomfortable and wonder if I should just back away.

  I hear the door unlock with a click. I step back and it opens slightly. I take the clear invitation and pull it open. I settle into the seat beside the still silent man. The door locks when I close it behind me and an uneasy feeling settles into the pit of my stomach. He just sits quietly not driving.

  He's a handsome man, younger and better looking than any of my other clientele. I'm not sure why a man like him would have any use of my services.

  I place a hand on his thigh and lightly knead the flesh near his crotch. It feels odd touching him. It's like sparks are going off against me.

  I lean in to whisper in his ear, "what do you need handsome".

  "Put your seat belt on", his reply comes through gritted teeth. I'm taken aback by his agitation but, do as he says.

  "Thank you", he sighs. He finally starts driving.

  "So", I start, "where are we going?".

  "Home".

  "Okay, and what will we be doing there?", I ask.

  "Eating dinner", he answers. Now I understand. I've had a few of these guys before that want the full girlfriend experience.

  "Alright well it's early so if you want me for the full night that will run you about two hundred", I tell him. He glances at me but, says nothing. He just continues driving.

  I was surprised when he starts into the forest. Not a lot of people live out here and my suspicion starts to rise.

  "Hey, so what might your name be?", I ask. I know if I start forming a connection with him it'll be harder for him to kill me.

  "Eros", he says short as ever.

  "Well I'm Eveline-", he interrupts me.

  "No you're not", he says.

  I ask him, "do I know you?".

  "No", he says, "that name just doesn't fit". He continues to stare at the road in front of him.

  "You caught me", I giggle nervously, "I'm Aurora". He says my name out loud as if testing it out. He nods seemingly satisfied with the sound.

  The car pulls into a driveway leading up to a giant house. I decide I'll make a break for it at the first chance I get. I wish I hadn't worn these shoes.

  He parks near the doors and steps out. He walks around to my side and opens the door for me. He starts to lead me into the house but, as soon as he turns his back I run.

  I don't get very far before two strong arms circle my waist and pull me off the ground. I scream and fight the entire time he carries me into his home.

  He doesn't set me down until we get to a kitchen where he sets me in a dining chair.

  "Sit there and don't move", he commands. I only nod much too afraid to do anything else.

  He leaves my side to pull things from his fridge and pantry. I watch his back while he cooks. It smells delicious but, I'm much too focused on his knife work. When he's done he sets two plates on the table and sits across from me.

  "It's Arroz Caldo", he says, "eat". I lift a forkful to my lips and take a bite. It's delicious and I start in another. He nods satisfied before starting on his own. When my plate is empty I sit quietly waiting for what comes next.

  "Would you like more?", He asks. I shake my head. He takes my plate and goes to the sink to wash the dishes.

  When he has done he returns to me and takes my hand. And starts leading me through the house.

   He brings me into a bedroom and sits me on the side of the bed. He goes to a set of drawers and pulls out a t-shirt before tossing it to me.

  "Put this on", he says. I do as he says pulling the dress over my head and putting on the shirt.

  "You aren't wearing underwear", he remarks before tossing me a pair of boxers.

  He points to a door and says, "you can take off your make-up in there, take the shoes off too". I do as he says and when I return he's waiting for me in bed with his shirt already removed.

  I slip into bed beside him and start kissing on his neck assuming this is what he had in mind. My hand slips into his boxers gripping the length of him.

  "Stop", he says grabbing my wrist and pulling my hand out.

  "What?", I ask, "do you want more foreplay or to be more in charge?".

  He sighs, "no, I want you to stop". With that, he reaches for the lamp on his bedside table turning it out. He puts an arm around my waist, kisses my forehead, and goes to sleep.

 He puts an arm around my waist, kisses my forehead, and goes to sleep