Chapter 3

Eros Pov:

I pretend to still be asleep while I watch her put her clothes back on. It's kinda funny to watch her try to quietly put on her skin-tight dress and clunky heels. I rise silently from the bed and wrap my arms around her waist. She jumps but, I hold her to me careful to keep my more intimate bits from touching her. I couldn't help but, be worked up from her touching me last night but, I know she only did it because she felt it was expected of her and not because she wanted me

"Where are you going?", I ask. My voice is deep with sleep.

"I have to go home", she says.

"You are home", I say.

"No".

"You are never going to work again if that's what you were thinking", my voice comes out angrier than I intended but, I can't help it. As soon as she approached my car I knew what she was doing and the thought made me livid. I hate thinking of all the other men who've touched her. I can't be upset with her though, her wolf is dormant for some reason so she may not know about mates.

"Are you going to keep me here?", she asks. I decide against answering in favor of pulling her back into bed. It's probably about two in the morning and I'd like to get a bit more rest before I have to start taking care of my grandmother again.

I take off her dress and heels and put her back into the clothes she discarded.

"Go to sleep", I whisper. I pull her into me tighter than before so she'll have no means of escaping until morning.

She feels tiny and delicate against my body. I can tell she's malnourished and has been for a while. I'll have to make sure she eats enough. I should also probably take her to the doctor. She has lived a pretty high-risk lifestyle and I somehow doubt she's been taking care of herself. All that can wait till morning.

I listen to her heartbeat and enjoy the feeling of her in my arms as I drift off to sleep.

The sun shines through a crack in my curtains waking me. Luckily my mate is facing away from the light so it doesn't wake her.

Finally getting the chance to look at her resting face I can't help admiring her. She is beautiful. Her long dark hair pours out behind her in waves. Lashes rest on the tops of hollowed cheeks. Her flower-like lips rest in a natural pout. She is perfect.

I sigh before getting out of bed. I have to get my grandmother ready and sort out things surrounding Aurora. I hadn't expected to find her yesterday and certainly not in the way I did. Under different circumstances, I'd have just asked her on a date and let the relationship develop more naturally. I never thought I'd be essentially kidnapping her. Maybe I'm more like my brother than I thought.

I dress and head down the stairs to wake my grandmother. She's startled as always when I do and resistant when I dress her and transfer her to her chair. Mornings with her are hard but, at least not as bad as sundowning.

I wheel her into her bathroom where she can luckily still rely on support beams to go on her own. I warm a washcloth for her under the tap to wash her face with.

Once she's done all she can manage I help her braid her hair. She doesn't have enough left to require it but, it calms her. The way she talks I think she believes she is young again having her hair braided by her mother. It's sweet to learn about her life before she came here. She's human so her experiences are far different than that of many I know.

She had been mated to my grandfather. He had been a warrior sent over to aid in some human war when he found her. They stayed there until my mother came of age to find her mate and moved here where there would be a stronger wolf community. My grandfather passed shortly after arriving and never got to meet his daughter's mate. I think if he'd seen who he was they would have taken the first flight home with my mother.

I take my grandmother down to the kitchen for her breakfast. She sits at the table with her hands folded neatly in her lap waiting. I decide on champorado this morning. It's one of her favorites and will likely be something easy for my mate.

It's done before long and I set a bowl of it in front of my grandmother. Despite all her earlier protests, she gives me a sweet smile and thanks before taking a bite.

I go back to my bedroom to wake my Aurora. She sleeps soundly and I don't want to wake her but, we have much to do today. I gently push on her shoulder. She bats at my hand a bit earning a chuckle from me before her eyes flutter open.

"I made you breakfast", I tell her. She sighs rubbing her eyes.

"Look you don't even have to pay me but, I need to go", she says swinging her legs around to stand. I decide to ignore her statement entirely in favor of looking through my closet for some kind of pants for her. I settle on a pair of drawstring basketball shorts and make a mental note to buy her some clothes.

"Put these on", I say handing her the shorts. I suppose if I do buy her clothes I won't get to see how cute she looks in mine as much.

"No I need to leave", she says. I suppose she can still sleep in them. That seems like a good middle ground.

"Put on the shorts", I tell her.

"No", she reaches for her dress still crumpled on the floor. I kick it away before she can reach it and pin her under me. She looks up at me a bit surprised.

"What are you going to force yourself on me now that I'm trying to go?", she asks, "you like when I fight you?". I ignore her to keep on task.

"If nonconsent was your thing you could have just told me", she says. She's too busy pretending to be assaulted she doesn't even notice me tying up the knot on the shorts. I get off of her and examine my handiwork. she covered enough to eat breakfast with my grandmother.

"Wait what are you doing?", She asks. I don't want to deal with her fighting me and trying to run the whole way down so I decide to take her into my arms and carry her down to the breakfast table.

She screams the whole way but, when we get to the kitchen my grandmother doesn't seem to have even noticed. I set her down across from my grandmother and set about making our bowls. She pouts slightly in her chair but, doesn't make any more racket. I set a bowl and a cup of milk in front of her before settling into the chair next to her to join them.

 I set a bowl and a cup of milk in front of her before settling into the chair next to her to join them