A Generic Beginning Pt. 1

"Why?"

"Because you're bored."

Two voices spoke. There was nothing, however. Only these disembodied voices carrying out in a place with nothing.

"I know, but why am I doing this?" The first voice repeated his question.

"Boredom. I just said," replied the second voice.

"Is that really it?"

"No. You also are doing this on a whim, with no plan whatsoever, so this is also impulse."

The second voice continued. "Plus, I thought it sounded like it could be interesting. Kinda fun. A little unoriginal, but entertaining."

"How co-"

"Stop," the first voice was interrupted

"Wh- I didn't-"

"Stop asking questions. You always do this. You think about every possible scenario and you talk yourself out of whatever it is you were thinking of doing because you can only zero in on all the bad 'what ifs'."

"..."

"Good. Now go. You can do this."

"Okay, maybe I can. But should I?"

"Why not?"

"Because I've literally never done this once in my life. I have midterm coming up that I need to prepare for, and this'll just be-"

"That!" A hint of annoyance slipped through the second voice's tone as it kept talking, "That right there is what I was talking about! Stop! This is something you wanted to try. It's something you want to do."

"No, I-I can't! This was a stupid idea." The first voice began getting frustrated. Disappointment reverberated in the space.

"Look... I'll do this with you. And, if after some time, you don't want to keep doing this, you can just get rid of it."

A moment of silence passes. The first voice takes the time to think. It considers the words of the second and makes its decision.

"Besides," the second voice had more to say. "Where we're going, no one gives a shit."

"... Alright."

"Great."

Neither said a word when their conversation ended. Their presence, still in the endless void.

After a beat more, the second voice spoke.

"Sooo... are you gonna do it? Or should I?"

"Shut up! Stop pressuring me."

.............................................

Everyone had a headache.

Where there was a void of empty nothingness, now was a room that was an exact copy of Beacon Academy's Ballroom.

In the middle of that room, were 18 bodies that began stirring. These were Team RWBY, Ren, Nora, Oscar, Emerald, the Schnee family, Qrow, Robyn, the remaining Ace Ops, Pietro, and Maria.

Everyone immediately became alert and awake. However, their fears and anxiety faded away when they saw who was around them.

"Yang!"

Immediately Ruby tackled her sister faster than most present could blink. The rest of their friends could only stare in shock. They had seen Yang fall, Ambrosius had told them not to.

"Ruby?"

Yang received no answer as Ruby simply sobbed into her sister's shoulder. She couldn't believe Yang was alive. Eventually, Yang conceded and just hugged her back. Their Uncle was next to join the hug as he rushed toward them with abandon.