☁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"I don't like themes."

He muttered quietly, staring down at me, behind his hair, I shuffled slightly, my one hand tugging at the bottom of my skirt, he eyed me up and down, "Oh." I said bluntly, staring into his eyes, he inched closer, a smile creeping on his face.

He cupped my cheek gently, he laughed quietly before leaning in, pecking me on the lips before walking past me, what the hell?

I furrowed my brows as I stared at the floor, silently arguing about what just happened. Why aren't we dating yet? I just want to call him mine.

"Y/N! Come on!" he yelled from outside, I snapped out of my thoughts, racing to the the front door, closing it gently as I ran over to the car, Aidan sat there and waited for me. "Hi." I said unconsciously as I close the door, "Hello." he said as he started the engine, he gripped the steering wheel as the car drove along the road, "I wonder what's going on, on the radio today!" I said joyfully, despite having a heartbreaking pit in my stomach, I tuned the radio as I searched for the station we usually listening too, eventually I settled to the station as we listened to the man talk amongst the radio.

"This song is for all the ladies out there who have been rejected or tossed around, a special someone who gets put to the side. A romantic song to give you hope, that someone is out there. I give to you, Lovefool by The Cardigans!" the man's voice trailed off, as the music started faintly, only becoming louder.

I shifted in my seat, that description was oddly specific. I looked over to Aidan, he seemed un bothered, my eyes shifted down to my hands as I listened to the woman singing on the radio.

' Dear I fear we're facing a problem '

Here we go.

' You love me no longer, I know and '

I tried blocking the song from my head, I've heard it all to many times. I use to love this song, but now the lyrics have a different meaning from before, I placed myself in the 'singers' perspective, relating to the situation she was in.

' So I cry, I pray and I beg '

Suddenly I felt something touch me, looking down I saw Aidan's hand resting on my thigh, my expression saddened even more, he glanced at me briefly from the corner of his eye, his hand started rubbing up and down gently, "Is everything okay, love?" he asked, I smiled slightly, looking up to him, only now realizing how dumb I am for worrying about this shit.

"Yes. Everything is okay, why wouldn't it be?" I answered, I actually wanted to tell him how I really felt, but I didn't want to spoil his mood or anything, "You just look a little off. Are you missing someone?" he asked, eyes staying on the road, I looked over to the cars passing by.

' Say that you love me! '

"Well," I trailed off, I didn't really think of anyone else recently, not my mom or my friends or even the people I met in Europe. I was just so focused on Aidan. "I don't know. I guess I should give my mother a call sometime. I haven't talked to her in a while." I said, looking over to him, not moving my head.

' I can't care 'bout anyone but you... '

My eyes shifted to the radio, the song had just ended, meaning the man would begin to speak again, "Yeah, you should call her." he said softly. "-More love songs are on the way! For all you usual listeners know, it's that day of the week! Playing love songs from the 80s is always a blast, we here at FMN25 enjoy it as much as our listeners!" the man trailed off, I dropped my lids slightly, listening to the man's voice.

"Let's see- What's next? Oh- Here's a classic! Can't help falling in love with you by Elvis Presley!"  I sighed quietly as I looked outside, watching the greenery and buildings we passed by every second.

' Stars shining, yet I longer on dear~ '

The radio sung, I hummed along as the car got closer to our destination, the radio was faint yet hearable. Aidan hadn't spoke much this evening, which was pretty odd. I just shooked it off honestly.

I lifted my arm and softly started stroking Aidan's arm, he flinched at first before getting comfortable with my touch, "Are you okay? You've been awfully quiet." I spoke, looking at his face and patiently waiting for a answer.

"I'm fine." he said shrugging off my hand, what was that about? My eyebrows furrowed as I pulled my arm back to my side, letting my hand fall into my lap as I looked over it.

"Okay."