Chapter 2

11.08.2021

"Hey Mom it's me, I was just calling to let you know I'd be going away from camp for a bit, I should be able to visit on the holidays, but I'm not sure- I can't say exactly where I'm going but it is a teaching gig so it should be safe, well as safe as safe gets for me. It also should have a protective barrier like camp's so don't worry too much. I can't answer IM's there but I should be able to have my phone." I quickly spoke into the receiver, hanging up and leaving Annabeth a similar message.

"Alright I'm ready," I said gripping my backpack strap, walking back into the big house,

"That's all you need?" Dumbledore asked and I nodded to him briefly before turning toward Chiron,

"Call if you need any help here," I said.

"We'll miss you, Percy, return safely," he replied smiling. I smiled back and followed after Dumbledore, who had disappeared past the door.

"So how will we get there?" I asked stuffing my hands in my pockets,

"Grab on," Dumbledore said offering me his arm, I cocked my head,

"I'm flattered but I have a girlfriend," I said and he chuckled slightly,

"It's called Apparition. Your version of teleportation," He explained and I hesitated before grabbing onto his arm. Immediately the world spun and suddenly we were in a row of seats, all towering above one seat set in the middle of the room. 

"I will leave you here, but keep in mind, you hold a higher rank than the Minister, so don't let him push you around," Dumbledore said, I opened my mouth to question him, but he disappeared and I rolled my eyes,

"Ah! Who are you?" A voice asked from behind me and turning around I meet the pinkest lady I had ever seen.

"Percy Jackson at your service, I'm looking for the minister, I was informed that he would be here?" I asked offering her my hand.

"Yes, he'll be here shortly," The lady said huffing indignation. Okay then, I thought lowering my hand, I looked around seeing about forty other people slowly filter in, all giving me that same indignant look that the pink lady had given me. 

Soon enough there were fifty people in the small dungeon and the doors banged open letting way to a short man who walked with what seemed great importance. I sniffled a snort, so this must be the Minister.

His gaze snapped to me, his eyes widening a bit.

"And who might you be?" He asked and I offered him my hand

"Percy Jackson, I was told that you wanted to discuss some things with me?" I asked and he nodded, clearing his throat,

"Ah yes, we are going to hold a quick court session, and then I'll meet with you." He said smoothly, "for now why don't you sit by Umbridge? You'll be working together soon enough so you should get acquainted." He said nodding to the pink lady.

Of course, it was her, I willed my nose not to crinkle, as approached her again, settling myself down next to her.

"So, what is this about?" I asked Umbridge and glaring slightly at me she huffed out a response

"Harry Potter performed underaged magic in front of a muggle," she stated smartly and I tilted my head

"Why?" I asked and she looked at me incredulously

"Why?! It doesn't matter why! The problem is that he did it! In front of a muggle no less!" She said, quickly turning the color of her clothing I peered at her evenly