Chapter 29

01.28.2022

After that... incident, occlumency seemed tense, I couldn't help but be a little curious about what was going on. I sighed after one particularly tense meeting, flopping into one of Severus' only soft chairs, and stared up at him,

"What's up with you two?" I finally asked to which Severus sighed and settled himself next to me,

"He... saw one of my memories... I didn't take it well," he admitted and I stood up, looking towards the pensive,

"The one in there?" I asked and he nodded slowly. I looked between him and the pensive before groaning and launching back further into my seat.

"Oh, course he did," I said and Severus chuckled,

"He was quite scared," he bragged and I rolled my eyes,

"Of course, you're a very scary man Severus," I said poking his arm, "Scary, Scary," he growled and batted my hand away,

"Go on then, little Mr. Waterboy needs his sleep," Severus said and I rolled my eyes and curled up in the seat,

"Alright, good night," I said ignoring his complaints there was no way I was leaving him alone after he had re-lived one of his worst memories. 

Of course, a little wizard pantsing wouldn't fly with the Slytherins and they got their revenge, but it was hard on Severus because that was the time Lilly had finally started to drift away.

Dolores had requested that I sit in her classes with her 'being so busy as the headmistress' so when she stormed into her Defense Against the Dark Arts afternoon lesson with the fifth years, I hesitated for a moment before shaking my head and slipping into a light sleep.  

It was defiantly a unique skill that came from years of being too confused to participate in class while simultaneously watching over my lunch money that I would be lucky if I had by actual lunchtime.

I was startled awake by distinct sounds of people running around in terror. I shot up and looked around, Dolores and I looked at each other for a second before running out of the class.

Then I saw it, Harry was running the opposite way of the commotion, cursing I set off after him instead. I stayed a little ways behind him, watching him turn invisible right before Dolores' office. I sighed and stayed back, waiting for the door to close before standing right in front of the door.

I paused as I heard voices inside- what was he- Oh. Of course, Severus' memory. I groaned a bit and leaned against the door. Of course, he would want to talk to Sirius after that, and by the sound of things, Lupin was there too.

I guess I could understand- after all his Dad, did not look so hot in that memory. 

I looked up as I heard footsteps approaching. I quickly knocked on the door once, before ducking behind some armor. Not even a few minutes later Filch came through mumbling moodily about having whipping as detention instead of lines. 

Then as quickly as he came, he left and I let out a small breath. Okay then. 

I waited a few moments more before slipping into the office, "Alright Harry, say goodbye to Lupin and Sirus," I said,

"Percy?" A voice asked from the fireplace, I chuckled,

"Yeah, it's me, come on now Harry, I've got to at least give you detention for this," I said as Harry pulled off his cloak,

"But Professor-," He started and I shook my head,

"I know, Severus filled me in, just say goodbye and let's write you up," Harry gapped at me before grumbling and sticking his head back in the fire,