Chapter 9

11.29.2021- Happy Sunday! I've decided to post this about 8 hrs early 😊

"Huh?" I asked drawing laughter from the hall, Dumbledore cleared his throat,

"I thought that it would be helpful if the students heard from their other DADA professor," Dumbledore said gesturing towards the podium, "If you will?" he asked and I stepped up rubbing the back of my neck,

"Well- I-," I laughed scratching the back of my neck, "Well I'll be more or less supervising Professor Umbridge here, so if you have any issues, feel free to come to me," I said stepping back down. Well, that was awkward, at camp, someone would've thrown a water bottle at me. I chuckled and looked down smiling at the thought. 

I stepped out of the Dining Hall and Severus saving me from Dolores with a short 'I'll show him to his quarters.' 

"How's your mystery Annabeth?" he asked after I got settled into my couch and my eyes widened- that's right he wasn't there when I got my memory back.

"You missed a lot, my friend," I chuckled dryly before launching into my adventures from the moment he had left.

We had talked late into the night and even early morning before Severus excused himself. I smiled as I collapsed on the bed, it was always good to catch up with good friends. I closed my eyes and let myself slip into unconsciousness.

I was suspended in midair, hovering above a rickety floor, I watched as a noseless freak and Severus entered the room. Then Severus was shot back and I screamed reaching forward. The noseless freak turned to me, but I wasn't focused on him, only on Severus as a big snake struck out.

I screamed out lurching out of bed and rushed to get dressed, I don't care who told me too I was NOT wearing those 'robes', my life depended on mobility and those had none. I rushed out and dodging students I let myself into the Slytherin dormitory, turning to a blonde kid with a book in his hand,

"Professor," he acknowledged, "Do you need anything?"

"Do you know where Snape is?" I asked and he nodded, calmly putting down his book and leading me to a different part of the dormitory,

"This is his office, his quarters are on the other side, but no student knows how to get to a teachers' quarters," he explained and I nodded at him,

"Thank you," I said and his lips lifted offering me a hand,

"Draco Malfoy," he said and I shook it before he stepped back and I opened the unlocked door, and shutting it behind me I moved forward to the door on the opposite side, and looking around to make sure no one else was around, I sent my foot flying through it. The door rippling back, slamming onto the opposite wall and effectively waking Severus.

"Wha-,"

"Cast a silencing charm," I said, and frowning Snape did, and I quickly explained what I had seen.

"We need to take this to Dumbledore," he said getting up but I grabbed his arm.

"First, I need you to promise, promise me that whatever you do, you will not die as this dream has shown," I said and he gulped,

"Percy-," he started but I shook my head,

"No. You know what's going to happen, you can avoid it now," I said and he nodded slowly,

"Alright, when the time comes, I will not return to the Dark Lord, I swear on River Styx," he said and I nodded letting the hand that had gripped his hand fall to my side, breathing out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you," I whispered and he smiled placing a hand on my head,

"No. Thank you – Percy," he said before retracting his hand, "Now, let's go report this to Dumbledore,"

"Oh," he looked over his shoulder, "Next time you kick down my door I will be sending Venus on you,"

"W-w-wait! You don't mean that!" I sweat, but he just smiled and continued on his way, he couldn't be serious- could he? Not that I had met Venus, but if she was anything like Aphrodite... I shuddered at the thought. 

Merry Christmas? Too soon? Yeah, I think so too. See the thing is I don't like killing off characters unnecessarily. Of course, I don't mind it but in my mind death's like Snapes had no point. It would've been so much cooler if he came back at the end and ended up bonding with Harry. Sooo yeah that's my take on this chapter. I'm not saying that Snape WON'T die, that'd just be stupid of me to limit my chooses like that. But no, he won't be dying in the typical way portrayed. 

On another note, I didn't get a comment or anything about what SHOULD be the next updating schedule sooo Imma change it up a bit. That will be out shortly so stay tuned

Thank you so much for reading!

Don't forget to vote, comment, add to your reading lists, and follow 

Until next time! 

🦇