Chapter 2 The job

Third person's pov

After enjoying herself thoroughly on the beach, Meera came back to her room reluctantly when her parents called saying it was too late for her to be out there alone and also they had early morning flight to catch. Meera complied, feeling happy that finally she got to visit the beach though for short time and at night. She wanted to see the breathtaking views of beach at day time but she had to take what she got, right? Something is better than nothing. On the way to her hotel, she failed to notice two figures lurking in the shadows following her closely, keeping an eye on her. Unaware of the danger she walked ahead skipping happily. The danger, named Elijah Mancini, who sent his two bodyguards to watch over her, not wanting anyone to look at her or hit on her but mainly for the protection as he was not so bad after all though his main intention was to keep tabs on her as they will follow where ever she goes, give him information about what she does. Basically he was stalking her which is not at all wrong to do in his eyes. He was only looking after his soon going to be most priced possession.

It has been one month since the goa trip and Meera searching for a job right after as she wanted to support her parents and become independent but with no luck. No company was hiring her, giving her lame excuses which she felt was quite strange and odd . But what can she do? Life was not always flowers and rainbows. She didn't know the one making her life difficult was none other than the billionaire she met not knowing his identity who was currently in his home in New York planning his next move after making every company reject Meera purposely except the one he bought in Kolkata only for bringing her to him. The said company was yet to respond to Meera who applied for a job there which was her only hope. She was desperate enough to work in any position as recently the situation of her home was not good. Some government officials were threatening to demolish their home which was solely her father's property saying that it was bought illegally. Thankfully she stopped them by showing the property papers which was unknowingly a big mistake on her part because it was what needed for the officials to make slight changes in their copy of the property to prove their claim. Meera's parents were heartbroken by the news, especially her father who connected deeply with the house as it was his late grandfather's gift to him. Meera was distressed and sad to see her parents troubled therefore she did without a second thought agree to the terms the officials presented which was to buy the house with double amount of its original price. She had to pay for it within a month, a whooping amount of fifty lakh rupees. She had no choice left, she can't let the house go. It was her father's sanctuary, his only memory of his dearest grandfather. Surely the amount was impossible to arrange in a short time of a month even if they sell whole assets and jewelry they owned. Strangely enough there was no buyer for mentioned above. Still Meera didn't lose hope. Determined, she decided to take any job through which she will take loan, but for that she needs to have a good paying job. Unfortunately she had none yet only fifteen days were left, time was ticking. What Meera didn't know was the government officials were sent by none other than the one she met on the beach and has dragged him with her into the beach water. He was satisfied with the work of government officials who were easily bribed and with the power he holds nothing was impossible for him to do. Now his doe will soon come to him by her own. He smirked evilly thinking about his next move though he was impressed by her caliber and boldness to tackle the situation he formed as mostly people couldn't handle his games.

Meera was delighted to get the news of getting hired from the company though it did not inform her about what the job entitled she got but it was enough for her as now she can take loan. She left her house early the next day for the interview in the company. She was nervous, to say the least. The past days have been difficult for her taking a toll weighing on the shoulders which got freshly out of school. She needed this job anyhow only problem was it has to be comfortable enough for her to do which made it all complicated. She had no choice other than to take whatever job she gets, she was in desperate need.

She entered the room where her interview was taking place after taking a deep breath to calm the nerves. The interview went smoothly. Her intelligence, qualifications and nature helped but one problem was there, her job was of personal assistant of the CEO of the company's main headquarters in New York. She was surprised would be an understatement. She didn't expect this at all. She was here for a job in Kolkata not in some other country away from her parents. She was hesitant to accept, the job seemed suspicious. It offered her too much, free apartment in New York, high pay with extra bonus of one hundred thousand dollars with five years contract, forty eight working hours per week. If she accepts she can easily pay for her house as well as save some amount from the bonus. It was a tempting offer, too difficult to resist. She thought for a while about spending five years in foreign place only for a job away from her parents and home but it will all be worth enough for her parent's happiness, getting their house back as well, so a little sacrifice wouldn't hurt.

Sighing deeply, she took a deep breath, then signed the papers. The man who interviewed her shook her hand and congratulated welcoming her aboard. She smiled forcibly having an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach. For now she ignored it and exited the room closing the door behind her. Just as she left, the man quickly pulled out his phone and called a number which was answered after two rings as if awaiting it, the man said rather proudly,

"She accepted the job, sir, tomorrow she will take a flight for New York to start her new job"

"Good work",

replied a deep, authoritative voice making the man shiver slightly from the dominance and edge it has but before he could say anything back , the call was hanged up. He sighed, thankful he didn't mess up the job given to him otherwise he wouldn't get to see the daylight ever in his life. A tremor runs down his body just thinking about the consequences he would have had to face if not she accepted. He shook his head to rid of the frightening thoughts and leaned back in his chair thanking God above.

Sitting in his chair in his office looking out the ceiling to floor window having a sinister smile on his lips, he felt elated after he got the news about his doe accepted his job offer. He laughed, no his doe fell into his trap right where he wanted. He turned back to look at her photo which he got from the investigation his private investigator did on his table. Picking it up, he said in a dark, husky voice looking straight at the photo,

"One step closer, doe. Soon you will be standing in front of me. And I will see you after two months. I couldn't wait to have you, own you. You know it was a little  problematic to arrange for you to come to me. Your family had no loans, debts, nothing. But nothing is impossible for me as when I want something I go to any lengths to get it. And I have the strongest, insatiable urge to have you".

________________

Isn't he a mastermind player? I wonder.
I have so many sides of Elijah to unravel and this is a start. Pheww!

Comments are always welcome!
I would love to hear what you think so far guys.
And of course if you like the story don't forget to support by dropping your precious vote.
Borahae💜