Chapter 8

Warning: Mention of death and slightly strong language

————
————

The night sky shimmers with star lights twinkling bright like sparkling diamonds as the full moon gleams through the window of your bedroom.

You toss and turn a bit as your hand grip on the pillow tightly from the nightmare haunting in your mind. It was Tyler and her girlfriend laying in a bed covered in red blood and claw marks cut deep through their skins.

It was disturbing to look at their dead corpses like from a horror movie, you could see a tall shadowy figure looming above you. It's eyes glow yellow staring down at her and grin wickedly like a hungry predator, you took a step back against a wall as the shadowy figured trapped you between his arms.

His clawed finger extended and moves forward to your chest as it glows hot, Y/n couldn't move another inch but instead you close your eyes and try to look away from his creeping smile. His other hand lift your chin up facing it and continues to move close to your face. It's lips move to your left ear whispering a satisfying tone, and it's hot breath touched your skin which gave you goosebumps. The shadowy figure's voice sounds like from a ASMR video on YouTube. And it's lips is ready to make contacts with your lips too as it left your ears.

Suddenly a bright colored-orange woken up your nightmare, Y/n got out of bed and opening the curtains to see what is creating the bright light. Then, she witness something horrific outside the apartment.

The frat and sorority houses are on fire, firefighters and paramedics arrive at the scene trying to put the blazing heat out and healing the injured members. Everyone (including your friends) at the apartment are standing outside watching the fire continue to burn the wood inside and outside the houses. So you grabbed your jacket hanging on the coatrack and stepped out of the building.

Y/n: "What happened?" You asked Mitchell.

Mitchell: "The frat and sorority houses caught on fire, firefighters are trying to put it out." He answered.

Sonia: "Oh my god...." She said, watching two of the houses still burning.

Y/n: "What....the f***...." You said, watching the houses still ablaze while the firemen spray the blazing heat with a strong blast of water.

Thrax was standing through your bedroom window watching the houses continue to blaze smiling at the work he created.

———

*the next day*

———

The news made an announcement of a shocking story about the blazing houses from last night, most of the members escaped from the blazing house and a few died from smoke inhalation and being trapped in their rooms.

Investigators believe the fire started when one of the members in the sorority house may have left a candle lit near the curtains. And one of the members at the frat house left the oven. The university have to be cancelled for more than a week due to the deaths of their students from last night.

Lucas heard about the accident thinking he should be concern about, but he still remembered that those frats beat the hell out of him and left him bruised. He is secretly glad they are gone for good, but left some psychological scars from the beating.

Thrax was so kind of taking care of him while Y/n collects his homework and assignments from the professors and buy some food at a grocery store nearby. He is getting up from his feet after the bruises are healed and he is able to walk again, but he is slightly limping when one of the frats stomped his leg.

Thrax: "Hey baby, how you feeling?" He said, leaning next to the doorway of the kitchen.

Lucas: "I'm feeling better, I need to go to the bathroom."

Thrax: "Need help with that?" He said smirking.

Lucas: "I can do it by myself, thank you anyway." He said, blushing pink from his question.

Lucas: 'F**king creep.' He thought.

Thrax couldn't help but hide his smirk with a cup of sugar water at his remark, Lucas acting like a shy tsundere which finds it very cute.

——————
——————

*Time skip*

——————
——————

The police department hired a special agent from the FBI on solving a mysterious murder taken place at the university. Harley hand his partner a cup of coffee as Emma accept it.

A ginger-haired man with gray-colored eyes walked inside the police department, his appearance looks like he's from a black and white 50's style detective movie. His chin is slightly long as he is smoking a pipe and puff out the gray smoke. He eyes lock on the two detectives and gave them a smile plus a firm handshake.

Kent: "Hey there, Kent Mansley."