Chapter Nine

Everything was going well between Lucy and Demetri; she had settled into the castle well and their relationship had become an intimate one. However, this would all change with one decision. One decision that had consequences, consequences that had Lucy questioning everything; her relationship with Demetri, his love for her and her decision to trust him and move to Volterra to be with him forever.

Lucy and Demetri were on the sofa in their shared room, her lying in his arms; her back resting against his side "Hey darling, I want to ask you something" He asked low "Ok, what is it?" She replied, her voice also low "I want to ask you if you're ready to be turned?" "Oh, I...would you be the one to turn me?" She replied clearly a little shocked at the question "Yes, mi amore I would be the one to turn you...but only if you are ready. If you're not we can wait" He replied and turned her head so she was looking at him "No, I'm ready...I'm glad it's you that will change me" She leant in closing the distance and pressed her lips to his. "I love Dem" "I love you too Lucy" She turned and snuggled into him and he tightened his hold on her a little as he buried his nose in her hair and took in her scent.

The following day Lucy receives a telephone call from Bella which leads to her interfering again with Lucy and Demetri's relationship by telling her that Alice has had another vision following the decision to turn Lucy.

"Hello Lucy, it's Bella" "What do you want?" Lucy asked not bothering to say hello to her. "I'm calling to warn you about something, something that you need to know" Bella answers ignoring the lack of a greeting from Lucy. "What is it that I need to know now?" Lucy's voice sounded a little bored, something Bella ignored and carried on with her warning. "You should know that things will change between you and Demetri once he turns you, he won't be all loving and attentive with you..." "Really Bella? You expect me to believe you after what you and the Cullens did" Lucy cut her off "Yes Lucy. He sent you away did he not?" "Yea but...." "But what Lucy? You arrived in Volterra and instead of him locking you away forever as per Alice's vision, he sent you away. Once you had been apart long enough to miss each other he befriended you, made you fall in love with him..." "Shut up" "No Lucy. You need to hear this. He played the long game with you. His feelings for you are because of the mate bond and the mate bond alone. He only bought you back to the castle because he needed you not because he wanted you..." Lucy's eyes began to fill with tears, she knew Bella was probably lying but there was a small part of her that wondered if she was telling the truth. "Alice's vision was wrong before" Lucy replied trying to keep the emotion out of her voice "Alice's visions change depending on the decisions made. She didn't see him make the decision to let you go as it was a split-second decision. She did however see his decision to win you back and the kings agreeing to this. She also saw his decision to bring you back to the castle and you agreeing to move in with him" Bella explained defending Alice's visions. "You're wrong" Lucy told her and could feel tears building behind her eyes. "No, we're not. Let him turn you as you both planned and see what happens" Bella retorted. Lucy didn't answer her. "I'm telling you this so you know what's coming" Bella said filling the silence. Again Lucy didn't answer and ended the call.

Lucy made her way to the bathroom and turned on the shower letting it warm up. She stepped inside a few minutes later and let the tears fall as she stood under the hot water. She stayed under the spray of water for over thirty minutes letting the tears fall as she replayed her conversation with Bella in her head over and over. She shut off the shower once she was sure no more tears would fall and got changed into a pair of pyjamas. She made her way over to the living room area and picked up her book from the coffee table before getting comfortable on the sofa in front of the fireplace. She found herself distracted as she read her book, not really paying attention to what she was reading.