Chapter Eleven

Once Back in Volterra they all head to the throne room to bring Aro and Marcus up to speed on what happened in Forks. Demetri carried a sleeping Ness in his arms, her chest pressed against his and her arms wrapped around his neck with Lucy walking in beside him. Aro smiles as he sees them entering the room, curiosity shone in his red eyes when he sees that Ness is with them. "May I Demetri?" Aro asked, holding out his hand to the tracker "Of course master" Aro takes hold of Demetri's hand and watches the events at the Cullen's house play out and smiles "I'm pleased to see this issue is taken care off and that Ness has chosen to come for a visit" Aro says softly as to not wake Ness. Caius nods and smiles before speaking to his brothers "Just to clarify Carlisle and Esme were completely unaware of what their children had done and were left alive along with Ness" "That's good to hear" Marcus replied and turned his attention to Demetri "Take Ness up to your room for tonight and tomorrow we will arrange for the empty room on your floor to be turned into her room for the duration of her stay" "Thank you master" Demetri smiled and nodded at Marcus "Yes, thank you Marcus" Lucy added.

The following morning the Kings dismiss the guards from the throne room with the exception of Felix and the twins. Demetri and Lucy enter the room with Ness and the three Kings smile at them "Good morning Demetri, Lucy and Ness" Aro greets them with a smile, Caius and Marcus nod and greet them too. "Ness, I just want to let you know that Marcus and Aro are also pleased to see that you have come to stay with Lucy and Demetri" Caius tells her "Thank you for allowing me to come back with them" She replied looking at him "You are welcome to stay as long as you wish child" Marcus said softy "Thank you Marcus" She responded.

A few moments of silence passed before Ness spoke up again "Can I say something to you all, now that you're all here?" "Of course you can child" Aro replied, Ness took a breath before speaking "When Lucy lost her mom her whole world changed and she was told about her new family but when she arrived in Forks she wasn't welcomed by her dad Charlie, my other grandpa. My mom only met her after I told her how nice Lucy was following her babysitting me for the day. All she wanted was to feel wanted and loved and instead she was made to feel like she was in the way." Ness paused for a moment, sadness clear in her voice "It's ok Ness, you have nothing to feel bad about" Lucy said softly and she nodded before continuing "When I heard mom and dad talking about what they and my aunts and uncles did to her, I was upset and angry. I hoped that they were wrong about Demetri. I hoped that he would want and love her and honestly, I expected him and Caius to come sooner than they did..." Renesmee looked over at Demetri and Lucy and smiled "...I'm glad they finally got to be together even after mom and Alice tried to come between them again. Before you ask Aro, I'm not upset that Demetri killed my parents, they deserved to be punished for their actions. I mean just because they didn't want her around didn't mean that Demetri wouldn't have wanted her. They could have gotten Carlisle to tell her about Alice's vision and what Demetri was like. She could have come here looking for a happy ending instead of coming here out of fear. I'm grateful that Demetri let me, Carlisle and Esme live" The three Kings nodded at her in understanding. "The three of you were not involved in what happened Ness. Carlisle told me that had he known about the vision and Lucy he would have bought her to me and told her what I was really like." Demetri told her with a smile and she nodded smiling at him.

That afternoon Demetri took Ness hunting in the Tuscan countryside leaving Lucy at the castle. "What are we doing Uncle Dem?" Ness asked curiously as Demetri pulled off the road and drove deeper into the woods before turning off the engine. "I'm taking you hunting Ness. However, there won't be any Mountain Lions but you should be able to find Deer and Wild Boars" He replied and Ness chuckled "What?" He asked "I can't believe a Volturi is hunting animals" He chuckled too "I'm no stranger to the animal diet..." "Really?" She cut him off "Really. I went hunting with Carlisle a few times during his stay with us although I must confess, I much prefer human blood to animal blood, but it suffices when I'm unable to hunt humans when away on missions" He told her honestly "Wow. Did Caius not mind?" "If he did, he never said anything to me. I do know the Kings are aware that I feed on animals if I'm unable to feed on humans without risking exposure, which isn't often I admit. But with you staying with us now they are aware and respect that I plan to honour your diet of choice" She nodded "Thank you but honestly, I prefer human blood to animal blood too" Demetri's mouth fell open in shock "Mom and Dad used to make hunting a game...who could take down the biggest animal to ensure I followed 'their' diet as per the treaty Carlisle had made years before" "I didn't realise you felt that way Ness. Well, I for one will not force you to partake in a diet that you do not wish to. You can choose which diet to follow during your stay with us..." "What if I choose your diet?" "I'll explain your choice to everyone when we get back, Carlisle included when you go home" He answered her and she thought for a moment "As you have driven out here just for me it would be rude not to hunt now we're here. Sooo...Let's see who can take down the largest animal" Demetri's eyes lit up at the challenge, especially as Ness had a determined look on her face "You're on little one. I'll even give you a head start as I can run faster than you" Ness nodded and took off running, Demetri chuckled to himself 'never thought I'd be competing with a child for the biggest kill' He thought to himself and took off running.