027 LATE NIGHT CHATS

╭───── (🌴) CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN; LATE NIGHT CHATS

AFTER THE RAFT WAS ALMOST COMPLETE, it soon rounded to the second night of being stuck on this tiny island. The group had finally managed to convince Saiko to eat something for once, this seemed to have brought them all closer and he was now becoming more willing to help with getting home.

Keiko wasn't sure what time it was but she couldn't sleep. Everyone else was already knocked out so she got up from her spot and sat by the shore, she held her knees tightly into her chest as she watched the swish of the dark waves come closer to her but fall into a puddle before it could reach her feet. The moon was out tonight and its reflection bounced onto the dark liquid making it sparkle. The sound of the earthy beach was calming, Keiko could be lost in her own thoughts in the peace between her and the ocean.

"Couldn't sleep?" a familiar voice called out to her, she turned her head around, her green messy locks covering part of her face as she faced the strawberry-haired boy who walked over to the girl and sat down with his legs crossed.

She placed her head in her arms, her face hitting the warm jumper he gave her a day before "Not really... worried about unknown bugs jumping on me in the night." she gave a tired smile "What about you? Couldn't sleep either?" she asked, she noticed the circles under his eyes, when was the last time he slept?

Saiki turned to look down at his green-haired beauty, he couldn't tell her he was making the raft more secure by using his powers, he wasn't sure when he would tell Keiko he was a psychic, she was trustworthy but it would be safer for her not knowing so he just told her "A bit homesick, that's all." he then turned away "And I miss my mum's cooking." he added which made her giggle.

"I understand, I miss my parents too. But... I'm glad you're here with me." she gave him a tight smile, he gave her a small one in return and then sat in comfortable silence with each other.

Keiko turned to face the ocean "At night, it's beautiful here, isn't it?" she asked.

She didn't realise that Saiki was staring at her when he replied "Yes... Very." He then realised what he was doing and shook his head turning to face the ocean.

Keiko was about to ask something when turning to face Saiki but all she could do was look at his features. His pink hair was messy and fell over his forehead. She didn't realise that he actually had quite long lashes, she noticed that his jaw was slightly clenched until he licked his lips which made her lick hers unconsciously.

Saiki knew she watching him and knew she was observing his features, which made him nervous on the inside, something had dropped down to his stomach and a tingling sensation appeared there.