033 NOT MEANT TO BE

╭───── (💫) CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE; NOT MEANT TO BE

"WE'RE MOVING."

Keiko blinked as Mashiro and Daisuke, "What?" she asked.

Daisuke adjusted his glasses, "We're moving dear. To England."

Keiko's eyes widened, "England? B-But that's so far away. Why so far?" she asked, hoping her parents might be joking.

Mashiro grabbed her daughter's hand, "Well... you know how granny and grandpa moved there a few months ago? Your father and I have spoken about this, and we want to move there also. The company your father works at is global, we don't need to be financially worried about anything. He can still work fine."

"But-" Keiko started, "Our life has been in Japan. What about my friends, I can't leave them." she said quickly, 'I can't leave Saiki or anyone else.'

"I'm sorry, Keiko." Daisuke said, "It was a hard decision but we think it's best for our family. Anyway, where we want to move to England is a beautiful place, it's called Knaresborough. It's in the North of England."

"I-I don't know what to say." Keiko said.

"I'm sorry it's been thrown on to you all of a sudden, dear. We weren't really sure how to tell you." Mashiro told her, "I'm sorry that we have to take you out of PK Acadamy, but we can find a lovely school in England. I believe they also have their students wear uniforms. Think about it Keiko, it will be a fresh start for us." she smiled.

"Please excuse me." Keiko said, shuffling up and running out the room to her own.

————————————

Keiko had not said a word in school for the entire day, and no one knew what was wrong with her, even Saiki, conveniently he wanted to wear his ring where he couldn't hear peoples thoughts, he was in a grouchy mood because he had to hear a disturbing thought from a random stranger so he rushed back to his house to retrieve his ring, it was just for one day.

He seemed to notice Keiko's slightly off behaviour, maybe she was having a bad day too. He was confused when she told the friend group she needed to tell them something. They all stood back at the end of the class now looking her way.

Keiko kept fiddling with her uniform sleeves, she looked up at the friends she had made over the years, Kaidou, she remembered buying the cape for Christmas, he was so happy about it. Nendou, he was a good friend, she always found the nickname greeny sweet. Aren, he had become a best friend ever since he transferred. Yumehara, they had gotten closer, she enjoyed the girl reading her romance novels to her. Chisato, she was always really supportive. Teruhashi, there was a point Keiko wasn't too fond of her, but she didn't mind her really. Mikoto, she may not have known the girl for long but Keiko was 100% the two could've become best friends. Kinekshi, he was a good motivator, always wanting to do something.