CHAPTER 4: UNEXPECTED VISITORS

I was left speechless when I saw the beautiful face of the woman who had leaped from my bedroom window and was now staring down at me.

"W-who are you?" I nervously asked, feeling the weight of her body pressed against mine. If only I could articulate the nervousness I felt as her intense gaze bore into me.

"Sshhh..." was her only response. Her eyes immediately glanced towards the door and then back at me. My eyes widened as she brought her face closer to mine, her hand covering my mouth.

"Don't make noise, I won't hurt you," she whispered to me.

I could see her gentle face up close, and she even smiled. But I also sensed a nervousness in her demeanor. There was a strange scent about her, one I had never encountered before in my life - an unforgettable smell. I tried to struggle free from her grip on me, but my hands were locked onto her other hand, and her body weighed heavily on me.

We both turned our heads as we heard three knocks on my bedroom door. As expected, my father entered and opened the door.

"Son, are you..." he started to say as he stepped into my room. His eyes widened when he saw us, and then his expression transformed into a meaningful smile.

"Ump!" I muffled, unable to speak due to the tight cover of the woman's hand on my mouth.

"Sorry, son. Why didn't you tell me you had a visitor?" my father said with a meaningful smile, quickly retreating from my room and winking at me. I knew what he must have been thinking when he saw the woman pressed against me. My father gently closed the door and locked it from the inside before stepping out.

"Son, introduce your girlfriend to me, okay?" he called out from outside the room. "Just enjoy yourselves," he added.

The woman quickly pulled away from me and stood up.

"Excuse me, I'm not your girlfriend, you know! Your father has the wrong idea," she said, her smooth face now flushed.

"I never said that you were my girlfriend," I answered immediately. "And who the hell are you? Why did you suddenly jump into my room through the window like that?" I almost yelled at her in frustration.

"Shhh! Don't be too loud; they might hear us," she whispered, moving closer to me again, her index finger pressed against her lips.

"What did you expect? That I'd be thrilled that you suddenly leaped into my room through the window and landed on top of me like that?" I retorted loudly, a result of my annoyance.

"Please, lower your voice. They might hear us, and the Civilian Police might catch me, please?" she pleaded, softening my heart.

She nearly jumped when we heard the voices of three patrolling Civilian Police officers approaching our house.

"Are you sure you saw the woman climbing up the tree?" one of the officers with a deep voice asked.

"Yes, I'm 100% sure. My eyes are still sharp even though I'm getting old," replied the officer who had been questioned.

"Alright, let's find her here," the officer with the deeper voice said.

I quickly stood up from the floor and approached the window to see the three officers conversing with the woman in my room.

"Please," I heard her plead.

I hesitated and looked at her, then I sighed.

"Don't worry, I won't report you to them. Just trust me," I assured her.

We heard my father open the front door downstairs.

"Good evening, immune," the officer with a deep voice greeted.