1. Normal not so normal Day (Edited)

It's hurting alot, but still i don't stop running. This endless forest where I'm running doesn't seem to end. I don't know why I'm running but i know that i have to run. From Them.

I know these monsters are chasing me. They'll hurt me.

My back burns with slash marks, my knee is bleeding, my ribs hurt and don't know what more. I don't remember how i got them but i know that it was those monsters who hurt me.

They show no mercy and take pleasure in hurting me and taking their anger out on me.

I'm still running when i start hearing high sounds or voices. I know it's them. Again taunting me. I close my ears with hands but these voices didn't stop.

"Stop it please" "Stop please" i screamed and then my eyes opened.

Beep... Beep...My alarm goes and i groaned to turn it off but i can't even move. Although it was a dream but it doesn't matter because it is the twisted and dark truth of my life. My stomach and back hurts so much from last night's beating.

I finally turned the alarm off. I have to make breakfast for my so called family which consists of my alcoholic uncle and worst cousin elder brother.

I got up and made my way to the bathroom and to freshen up and get ready and hid my bruises with concealer. I own cheap makeup just to cover up my bruises. It's 7:30 so I've to make breakfast then go to the school. I'min the last year of my senior secondary education. Quickly making breakfast, I made my way to the school taking one apple to eat on my way. I don't wanna face them right now and they are probably drunk and sleeping in their rooms.

At School

Entering the school I make my way to the locker and met with my only best friend Ivan.

''Hey shorty" He said while slapping my back teasingly and I immediately groaned with pain.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry. Did they hurt you again? I've told you so many times to leave that hell."
I knew it he's going to say this so I immediately took my books according to period and made my way to the class.

"Yah... Eliza... How can you ignore your best friend?" He said while following me.
He grabbed my arm and took me to an empty class to talk.
"You know I can't see you getting hurt."

"Then what should I do? Huh... Leave that hell and become homeless. You know I work to feed myself and give rest money to them. How do you think I'll survive after leaving that house. Atleast there is a roof on my head. You know it's hurting me more and everytime they beat me I only pray to not wake up again." I replied frustrated.

"Please don't say such things, I would have told you to stay with me but I can't." He said looking down.

"Let's just forget this, and BTW my name's Eliza not shorty and I'm 5'8. How can I be shorty. The difference is that you're giant." I said changing the topic.

Ivan is 6'1 and is quite handsome. He's been my best friend since i was 14 years old and tbh I've no trust in men after seeing my dad and brother but he's different. I only trust him. And he sometimes can be very protective of me. Well someone's still there who love me.

"Okay... Okay... Let's go to the class before bell rings again." He said grabbing my wrist and dragging me to the class.

Going to my Economics class, well I'm in high school and my grades are quite good and I'm currently surviving on the scholarship and I'm going to be 18 years old soon but to be honest I'm not excited because I know I'll again get beatings and abuse as a gift.

Well the classes were so boring. I'm quite lucky that atleast I don't get bullied here, most probably because of Ivan. He's quite intimidating and no one wants to be on his wrong side.
Lucky for me that I'm his best friend.

Finally after all the classes I went to work.

At Work

"Hey sweetie..!! " Mrs. Rose called me as I entered the cafe.
"Hello granny" I replied.

Well she's in her late 50s and owns the cafe with her husband and they are best and treats me as their own child. They even sometimes tend my bruises but I've never told them how I got them. I always lie that I slipped on the stairs or something similar.

Anyways let's start the work.

It's currently 5:30 in the evening and I should go home because I want to prepare dinner for them by 7. I bid granny and grandpa goodbye and went towards the 'hell', oops, home.

At Home

Only I know how I kept my pain inside me and never complained to anyone. My whole body was screaming with pain but still I got up and made dinner.

After making dinner and setting it on the table I decided to go to my room as soon as possible before they come but luck was not on my side.

As soon as I stepped on the stairs, the door slammed open and they saw me and God they were furious.

I knew what was coming. They were angry probably lost some bet and now they are going to use me as a punching bag.

I tried to run upstairs but my so called cousin brother Samuel ran behind me. I almost reached upstairs but he suddenly grabbed me by my ankle and I lost my balance and I cried.

I rolled all the way down the stairs and screamed in pain and I'm pretty sure my ankle got twisted too.

My so called uncle Mike held me by my hair and dragged me in the living room. OH HELL NO. I'm already sore. I was still lying on the living room floor.

"You tried to run after seeing us, you ungrateful bastard. You killed your mother and my wife, your aunt also. You always kill your loved ones." He said slapping me thrice.

He threatened me and signalled something to Samuel "Now wait and see how I make you regret being born"

Little did he know that I already regret being born in this hell.

Suddenly Samuel went somewhere and before I could move and try to run, my step father kicked me making me near stomach which forced me to cry out in pain.